FA HARDCORE #1 MAPS

The_End

be carefull... dont push me into exile to JAYMOD!!!  :spank

IVY I am/was seriously considering relocating to gaymod cos I am/was seriously tired of the same maps-been on HC for more than one year-and I honestly feel/felt no excitement :( It was so refreshing to join gaymod with different maps- aaaaand I had a blast on baserace on silent not long ago ..meh XD

• Administrators

Dare we have 2 siwa oasis on the list-that is really really bad :( Siwa oasis and siwa TE.... :cry

Ideally would be good not to have any gaysis on the server-at least for some time. Can you plz remove one of them (or better both) or it will be just gaysis every 2 maps :cry

Fixed

• Like 1

• Administrators

IVY I am/was seriously considering relocating to gaymod cos I am/was seriously tired of the same maps-been on HC for more than one year-and I honestly feel/felt no excitement :( It was so refreshing to join gaymod with different maps- aaaaand I had a blast on baserace on silent not long ago ..meh XD

http://fearless-assassins.com/tracker/issue-1213-new-maps-for-hc/

4 months =/= one year.

We kindly suggest you take some maths class again :)

More or less inbetween when I get chance, map always changes. Sometimes i make announcements and sometimes I don't. ;)

Jaymod = 10 map rotation / month.

Hardcore 35+ maps.... 10 maps / month * 3 months = 30 maps ;P

• Like 1

IMO there is a reason why hardon is the server that is full the most of time.

It's heaven for those who prefer more serious objective oriented - vanilla playing.

Half the active competitive playing population plays there.

It's just perfect at it is right now , a few maps that get voted all the time ( they are the best ones after all , they have been used for pro tournaments for a reason , they have a perfect team balance , a realisable objective for the other ;team , good time limit , good objects and wall placements , etc ).

And we also have these little more "noobish" maps that gets voted every 3 maps.

And even better , DD replaces these little maps enough often so have some new stuff to play when we are bored of playing special , supply or adler.

The thing is if you start adding maps like resurrection ( AKA even too big for a 60 slot server ) or carentan ( AKA I even get FPS drops with my 4500$ PC ) or traditionnal oasis ( aka there is only 2 way out to objective for allies and both of them are 1 meter wide and surrounded by arty , mortar , panzer and random nades. The only way of going through is going there before axis has time to camp to place ( else you have 5% chance of winning ) OR some engy going sneaky and planting a gun so the whole team fallback ( While the whole teams goes 3kill 30 death) ) HC is going to transform in another jay server.

Yeah alot of parenthesis :D

How much jay servers do we have already .. 4 .?

Theres even a silentmod server ( silent 2 ) but with jay settings and maps and did it even ever go at least 16player +?

Just my opinnion

@Dare- when I say same maps-I dont mean *same map list* , but I mean same 5 maps that are voted :) We had rotations indeed but there were always (aka never removed from rotation) same 5+ maps like gaysis, gaydar, gaydump, supply, delivery, frost, adler. These are the main maps that are voted all the time, ok not all the time-but priority is given to them.

Ok Ok I know my fault -I made it sound like this-I accept it

What I was trying to say that when I first came to play on HC it was delivery + other mentioned. I remember we player caen from time to time Oo. 1 year after I come and I play same maps-why?..ppl vote them .We changed the list-and ppl still vote them...We changed it again (today) and we still have gaysis on it ..and ppl still vote it....what can I do that ppl vote it :dntk-I suggested to remove it from rotation-its on tracker list. I just said-I am tired.. I dont want to play it again-my mind needs a break :(...

Edit: Map voting is much more complex thing and *popularity* statistics of this map doesnt reflect reality. On HC 95percent of the time axis are stacked. I dont want to name kd rambo meds that are almost always go axis. If anyone follows voting numbers will see that maps get 15-20 votes an average-that means that about 5-8 ppl actually voting. With maps we have more issues -not only *god i dont like it anymore*. Ppl can say that HC is competition based-but how many really go for competition?. Axis already defending. Allies?-most of the time just try to kill, seldom player goes for objective. That is why in 99 times out of 100 maps like gaysis are played full 30mins time. And again ppl whine *remove 30mins maps*. Anyway-it is not possible to satisfy everyone-we all want to have fun and will defend what we like (or would like to have ) :)

• Like 1

thanks dd. server is great, map selection is and has always been good (reason the server is popular) and we have great regs and members that are willing to help out when needed.

• Like 2

Bona, please try one of our other servers, those maps are being chosen because that is what the players want to play, we cant custom set a server for you. Please visit one of our gaymod servers. Good luck to those admins.

Edited by Novice
  • Like 1

Thanks DD :wub:

Did you add Goldendunk already? :P

add goldendunk so we can silence whirlwind on the topic. hes always asking me when were getting goldendunk and ive had enough!  :stfu

:bheart

• Administrators

Haven't added baserace or resurrection :P No worries, i had picked maps which are good for 26 slots... issue is I didn't got time to test 2 new maps that are released... in last 2 weeks... 

So lets see if people like those or not. 

Also updated fueldump map script... see how it works out. All in all 9 maps where added. Feel free to give feedback of new maps. 

Most hated / less played will be removed in next 7 days.

• Like 3

Looks like we have nice changes. Gonna try it.

Take care.

Gengis

Bona, please try one of our other servers, those maps are being chosen because that is what the players want to play, we cant custom set a server for you. Please visit one of our gaymod servers. Good luck to those admins.

My hopes are not lost-we still have *vote next map* option >;D...you will still see me on HC Novice.... :blush: ....... :war: