Google Chrome login

Ol Smoke

I tried Mozilla Firefox for a while but did not like it taking over everything when I am downloading. So some guys suggested Google Chrome.

I downloaded and installed Google Chrome after removing FIrefox.  I clicked on Chrome and it says I have to make a an account with them to use it.

What is this account crap about?  I just wanted another web browser.

As far as I am aware or over here in England you don't have to make an account. You can choose to but you don't have to. Isn't there a way round it?

What kind of account? I just downloaded and installed google chrome to test it and I got nothing that says anything regarding an account... Do you mean the google account to sync your preferences? Did you download it from the official site?

Yeah, when you first install it, GC will ask you if you have a Google Account so that it can sync your settings. Nothing ominous about it :)

I'm not sure if definitely need a Google Account, or if you definitely need to 'login' :)

Yeah, when you first install it, GC will ask you if you have a Google Account so that it can sync your settings. Nothing ominous about it :)

I'm not sure if definitely need a Google Account, or if you definitely need to 'login' :)

From what I have gathered in my little test you need the google account only to sync your settings, get the apps on the google store and use the google services (obviously). Everything else works totally fine without an account...

yeah it should be optional...it primarily just a cloud solution that you can use from different devices to pull down bookmarks, settings etc.

No you do not need to have an account to use google chrome. BUT if you have a gmail account, you can log in and it'll keep all your settings synced up. So if you had to reinstall it or bought a new computer, google chrome will be the exact same way it was before. 

Well the problem that I had with it was that there was nowhere to put in my homepage stuff or tell it to go to the homepage when it started.

It just gave me a screen to choose store, apps, etc.  Whenever I typed in a web address it did go there, but there was no preference list

to make it homepage.

Did I get the wrong version or what?  Did you guys see that page when you downloaded and installed it?