Plane crash in Bagram airfield, Afghanistan

ajnl

This happened yesterday, it is a cargo plane with 7 people on board and some vehicles. All of them died...

I don't know what happened for sure, but it looks like the cargo shifted which caused the c.g. to move too far aft. The tail would have been way too heavy for the pilot to correct. This pitch up would have caused the wings to stall and the aircraft to drop out of that sky like it did.

its seems to be still february in afghanistan. atleast the date of the camera shows that date

lol noticed that too. link.

Dates on cameras can be wrong ;)

omg i think pilot even pushed that release wheels button a second before the crash..sad, sorry for all of them.

Looks to me like the cargo was either loaded wrong or shifted causing the center of gravity to be aft (or tail heavy) leading to a stall. Looks like he was torn between dropping the nose for speed and banking for a split S to get lift.  Never enough Oh Shit handles in that situation.

Looks to me like the cargo was either loaded wrong or shifted causing the center of gravity to be aft (or tail heavy) leading to a stall. Looks like he was torn between dropping the nose for speed and banking for a split S to get lift.  Never enough Oh Shit handles in that situation.

Yep, that is exactly what I think too.

Well if it did make the tail too heavy (shifting the c.g to the aft), it would be impossible to drop the nose. Also at that altitude it would be nearly impossible to save the plane.

Its a horribly accident but i still don't get  the date on the video, its strange for me

probably just set on the wrong date?

if plane jammed the ground sideways, it could have hit and blow that moving truck at same time..., pilot somehow saved the truck. RIP

Damn,have seen like this nightmares,and now at 9.may il go and fly to Belgium,but flying seems to sceary to me,should think more about that trip...

Damn,have seen like this nightmares,and now at 9.may il go and fly to Belgium,but flying seems to sceary to me,should think more about that trip...

Flying still statistically the safest way to travel long distances.

Even after engine fires/shutdowns, 1 crash (unintentional gear up landing) in a Cessna 421 and 1 crash (hard landing autorotation on engine failure that broke the skids) in a Bell 407, I still flew for many years afterwards with no anxiety.

Take the plane.

Flying still statistically the safest way to travel long distances.

Even after engine fires/shutdowns, 1 crash (unintentional gear up landing) in a Cessna 421 and 1 crash (hard landing autorotation on engine failure that broke the skids) in a Bell 407, I still flew for many years afterwards with no anxiety.

Take the plane.

You're a pilot? what do you fly?