~ Experienced/Pro Config ~

Well Snaps is a different command and it does in fact still work fine. If you join a server that allows it hey it's good, the game will send you more updates. If I recall correctly 40 snaps was et default command. When a server restricts it's not like your being kicked from the game or anything. I also notice you said something about my mouse settings like the yaw is illegal and you can't use it? I've used that stuff forever and the console has never said it was restricted so not sure about that either. I remember back in the day when every played competition through ETpro I always had the yaws just under the restrictions during comp and I haven't had to change them since.

I understand all points but they aren't much of a point if there is no harm done in the first place. Who cares what something looks like if it runs 100% in-game perfectly fine. Yet you still dismiss that. Hey man since you have all the time in the world to look up every command why don't you clean it up for me if it means that much to ya. XD

• Clan Friend

If you join a server that allows it hey it's good, the game will send you more updates. If I recall correctly 40 snaps was et default command.

yes, but where? I have never seen such a server, that was my point. Of course it would still work in servers with 20 sv_fps (that is, all the servers).

I also notice you said something about my mouse settings like the yaw is illegal and you can't use it?

I didn't mean only mouse settings, but also some graphics settings. Since I saw etpro b_ variables in your config I thought it was odd to put things which aren't allowed in those servers, that's all.

Who cares what something looks like if it runs 100% in-game perfectly fine. Yet you still dismiss that. Hey man since you have all the time in the world to look up every command why don't you clean it up for me if it means that much to ya. XD

I didn't look them up manually one by one, I just used a script. So no, I don't have so much time to waste :P

But I told you a list of the variables which don't exist, so anyone using your cfg could clean it up if they want.

• Like 1

My 2c:

1) Set a mouse sensitiivty so that you feel comfortable with tracking targets close to mid-range.

2) For long range targets learn to use crouch and side-to-side movement.

3) Learn to track around corners.

4) Always try and have your back towards walls.

5) NEVER rush like a blind chicken into a wild fire.

6) Avoid standing near and behind team mates - especially in confined spaces (e.g. corridors).

7) Learn the maps and their hot spot.

8) Get used to reading the map and listening for foot steps.

9) Don't rush to revive in a heated firefight - you're a sitting duck and if you manage to revive the chance is that both of you will die.

10) TURN OFF MOUSE ACCELERATION!!!

I strongly suggest that noobs learn to play this game BEFORE getting into tweaking the game (i.e. config tweaking). Configs are meant to be customised for a particular person - hence why a noob will have a harder time learning this game whilst using someones config than playing at default level. 

Once you have grasped this game I would suggest the following (general) tweaks:

- cg_wolfparticles 0

- cg_atmosphericEffects 0 

- cg_shadows 0

- cg_showblood 0

- cg_bloodFlash 0

- cg_coronas 0

- cg_coronafardist 0

- r_drawsun 0

- r_fastsky 1

There are heaps more but CBF writing them all lol.

Here are some links:

http://www.enemy-territory.net/tweaks.html

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/53-wolfenstein-et-tweaks-ultimate/

http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.php?showtopic=9497&mode=threaded

http://www.antman.info/wolf/cvar/cmdcvarlist.html

• Like 1