~ Experienced/Pro Config ~

It doesn't matter why or when you use it. When you switch fov, you should switch sensitivity too if you want the same feeling in both fovs...assumed the guy you are shooting at is moving.

Except fov doesnt affect your sensitivity at all?

Also imo all the unnecessary toggles and scripts are useless in terms of getting better. They might be fun but they wont make you improve at all. You just need classselector, spawnpoint selector and spawntime script, also knife+pistol+smg+grenade+syringe+medpacks binded comfortably(according things with other classes ofc at same binds). Also movement binds,

Edited by BossHK

It doesn't matter why or when you use it. When you switch fov, you should switch sensitivity too if you want the same feeling in both fovs...assumed the guy you are shooting at is moving.

You like your config and put a lot of work in it. Good, then why don't just take some critics how to optimize and unify it for different mods + get it more cleaned up? ;)

Well obviously you didn't read my config, the script has the different sensitivities for each FOV... You're just being superfluous at this point. There should be no critics over it at all in the first place hints you're just a troll or very bad at reading simple scripting. R.I.P.

It makes no sense, then. It's like saying 'I use cg_fov 360, if I play in any etpro server it will be forced to 120 anyway, then I have also b_placebo 1337, anyway it gets ignored by the game' etc. etc.

I don't think I am a troll, but if you say: 'hey guys, here is a config that will make you pro', and there are mistakes and other junk in it, you will attract such nerdy responses for sure.

Weak sauce. You can be quite illogical and I'm kinda done explaining things for you. It's like you read over an answer and it doesn't stick to your brain. Since Competition is rarely used anymore most pubs allow 40 snaps. The main points that will make you pro is the binds and scripts allowing you to have free wiggle room and to be more versatile during game play. Empty commands or commands that get changed by server is not even that big of a deal but you're treating it as if the config wont even load once it gets to the server. I'm sorry I don't have the time to pretty up the config so it looks beautiful in your eyes when it runs 100% in the server. Get a life. <3 Thx

Edited by XashTheStampede

Well obviously you didn't read my config, the script has the different sensitivities for each FOV... You're just being superfluous at this point. There should be no critics over it at all in the first place hints you're just a troll or very bad at reading simple scripting. R.I.P.

//Change FOV (Field of View) by pressing C, This is mainly for zooming in to shoot far away enemies.

set fov90 "cg_fov 90;sensitivity 2.75;cg_crosshairsize 40;cg_drawcrosshair 5;cg_drawgun 0; echo ^0zoom ^3in;bind c vstr fov100"

set fov100 "cg_fov 100;sensitivity 2.75;cg_crosshairsize 45;cg_drawcrosshair 5;cg_drawgun 1; echo ^0zoom ^2out;bind c vstr fov90"

bind c "vstr fov90"

No, it doesn't. And that's why people (noobs :) ) who are searching for a good config to improve will have a harder time to get better, and you want to make them twice as better by switching crosshair colors and fovs? Tutorials like BossHK's are dealing exactly with the things that will make people better, like hardware settings, polling rates, mouse input methods and the important config settings for a constant feeling.

Except fov doesnt affect your sensitivity at all?

Like I said before, in reality you will need the same amount of cm/inches on your mousepad for a 360° turn. But that's not what your brain will perceive, it's more about the pixels you will travel on screen in the same amount of time and mousespeed. If you have an opponent on the edge of your screen at fov 90 (same sens feels higher) you will have to do a shorter mouse movement than with fov 120 (same sens feels lower) because there are less pixels to travel on screen. It's the same effect why you will perceive the game running faster with a higher fov setting, more pixels run over your screen in the same amount of time but in reality the gamespeed doesn't change at all.

Quake Live e.g. has the cg_zoomfov / cg_zoomsensitivity settings to do the math for you and to provide the same mouse feeling, ET doesn't so you will have to do it yourself.

It's somehow illogical and I had to be convinced myself some time ago, but it's true ;)

• Clan Friend

Since Competition is rarely used anymore most pubs allow 40 snaps.

In 6 years of ET I have never seen a server with sv_fps = 40, but it's useless to talk to you, unless you accept the fact that there is a difference between trolling and constructive criticism.

And if you make claims about superpro configs and magic skill boosts, you are looking for criticism, as I already said.

By the way, if I needed explanations from a random guy I wouldn't have been able to write mods and stuff. So for technical things I would just 'ask myself' and make it quicker, for gameplay/tactical stuff I *could* ask some pro player (i.e. not someone who believes that some binds will make you pro) but I have probably read all existing tutorials already.

The reason I'm lowskill is just the fact that my reaction time and coordination isn't good enough. Certaninly not my cfg. Low etpro skill is enough to roll many players who play in pubs anyway, so I'm happy with it and I accept my 'lowness'.

p.s.

@S3ti: you are wasting your time as well, let him be. Whoever wants to use his config (not me, because I'm already used to mine) is free to do so

And some settings like fov are a matter of personal preference (for example I use 2 fovs and 1 sens), if he likes it like that it's his choice

Like I said before, in reality you will need the same amount of cm/inches on your mousepad for a 360° turn. But that's not what your brain will perceive, it's more about the pixels you will travel on screen in the same amount of time and mousespeed.

True, but I aim more with my musclememory :D Since I know the cm/360 is same no matter how I change the fov, only my moving/positioning becomes little bit worse(might crash with some corner where I usually wouldn't etc) but aiming is pretty much same(tried it once for a day).

• Clan Friend

True, but I aim more with my musclememory :D Since I know the cm/360 is same no matter how I change the fov, only my moving/positioning becomes little bit worse(might crash with some corner where I usually wouldn't etc) but aiming is pretty much same(tried it once for a day).

Same here.

In fact, as I said previously in this thread I used 2 fovs and 2 sens at first.

Later, since I changed fov all the time (I have it with +vstr on shift, so I just hold it/release with my little finger, as a kind of zoom) I realized that I didn't like that sudden change of speed in my mouse movements. Personal preference imho.

Yes, that's what we want! :D And that is exactly why adjusting sensitivity is supporting musclememory. You see an opponent surprises you on the edge of your screen (that's the picture in the head and that is all your brain cares about, it doesn't care about angles) and you need a fast flick at him, with different fovs you have a different distance you have to throw your mouse.

Well, ET is anyway more about tracking and personally I always use the same fov. But I use different fovs in Quake e.g. and it will be really difficult if you want fast hits when switching from 110 to 70, might not be so relevant if the difference is only 10 degrees or so, but then even fov switching becomes irrelevant imo.

In the end, all personal preference...but it's a point someone should be aware of when downloading a "pro config" :crazy

• Clan Friend

Well, ET is anyway more about tracking and personally I always use the same fov.

I'm seriously thinking about removing that fov toggle of mine,

after all when I used to play on a 4:3 monitor I played with 112 fov, now with widescreen even 120 fov is as big as 90 in the old monitor if not bigger, probably more than one fov is only an extra annoyance for the brain to get used to

LOL, I still don't get why you bring up the fov changer yet again when you're suppose to change the sensitivity to whatever you like.

I know everything about mouses and tweaking them for best performance but that's another ballpark and I didn't want to include that in this thread. Most mouses even at today's technology level can't even run 1000 polling rate correctly therefore there is tons of n00bs out there buying all these expensive razer gaming mouses for like 100 bucks and using 1000 polling rate thinking they are going to be more accurate but in reality they are going back and forth with no steady polling rate. I'll agree your mouse settings will have major impact on your game play especially once you find a good sensitivity after tweaking your Windows and removing all the mouse accelerations and finding your best steady polling rate.

I can't even remember how many years ago when this config was made for me, I actually was in a sponsored team called D|I which was Death is Inevitable. That just shows you this config is very very old and was quite advanced at the time when it was made. Cause back then people were trying to figure out how to make a name changer script.

But besides the point I just wanted to be friendly and actually share this config with the public... only a few close friends of mine have this config and they all told me they improved a lot when they got use to it so I'm not just blowing smoke out of my ass. I tend to get annoyed easily when people take unnecessary effort to put negativity into everything they see. It definitely gets old fast. :eek

I don't understand your logic behind the changing fov?

Among other things I noticed that the sensitivity for both fov settings is the same. You asked, I explained. You call me a troll. Quite simple.

Among other things I noticed that the sensitivity for both fov settings is the same. You asked, I explained. You call me a troll. Quite simple.

This is why I wont give you the time in day to talk to me because in the very first post I explain I prefer to use the same sensitivity for both and that you're welcome to change them to whatever you like. So with that in mind that makes you look like an a**h**** for bringing up nonsense. I'm sure some of you just breezed through the introduction explaining why everything is the way it is and just looked at the config itself and then started criticizing about it. Therefore you are a troll in my book.

• Clan Friend

I'm sure some of you just breezed through the introduction explaining why everything is the way it is and just looked at the config itself and then started criticizing about it.

If with 'some of you' you mean me, I said from the start that some of your binds don't convince me, for example your mouse2 bind. Mouse2 is an important key, and you 'waste' it for doing something that isn't that important.

That is my opinion. But you can't deny that something odd and different from what everyone else does (and by everyone I mean 'pro' players, not beginners) is either a brilliant or questionable idea (a.k.a crap).

Then I said that many variables in you config either don't exist, or have values that don't make sense or are out of range, and you could make some cleanup. I didn't want to troll, I only wanted to suggest some things.

You dismissed this calling me a troll, and telling that it doesn't matter, that if a variable doesn't exist it would be ignored, and if its value is out of range (e.g. snaps 40) it will be forced down to the correct one. Then when I said that with your reasoning, I could even set cg_fov 360 (anyway it's forced down to 120) you said that it is 'weak sauce' and that I'm illogical. dafuq?

You said that when people bring negativity you get annoyed. I have a right to get annoyed too, and I happen by chance to get annoyed when I try to help, or I make reasonable suggestions to illogical people and I'm called illogical myself or even troll.

And if there is something that really pisses me off, is when people make mistakes and try to defend them at all costs.

Especially when they even insult others as an attempt to do so ('Weak sauce' 'You can be quite illogical' 'I'm done explaining things to you' 'it doesn't stick to your brain' 'I can only dumb down these answers so much guys') stop offending people's intelligence man, you overreact a bit to any kind of criticism

If you don't want to be criticised then don't post things in a forum

• Like 2

This is why I wont give you the time in day to talk to me because in the very first post I explain I prefer to use the same sensitivity for both and that you're welcome to change them to whatever you like. So with that in mind that makes you look like an a**h**** for bringing up nonsense. I'm sure some of you just breezed through the introduction explaining why everything is the way it is and just looked at the config itself and then started criticizing about it. Therefore you are a troll in my book.

You're coming up with your quite questionable "Pro Config" bragging around you will guarantee it will make people twice as better. Then SunLight and me are showing you stuff in it that just doesn't compute and is obviously based on ageold copypasta and superficial knowledge.

In the end you are calling us trolls and I am even promoted to an a**h**** what ever that may stand for. Someone should teach you manners first before posting on forums.

If with 'some of you' you mean me, I said from the start that some of your binds don't convince me, for example your mouse2 bind. Mouse2 is an important key, and you 'waste' it for doing something that isn't that important.

That is my opinion. But you can't deny that something odd and different from what everyone else does (and by everyone I mean 'pro' players, not beginners) is either a brilliant or questionable idea (a.k.a crap).

Then I said that many variables in you config either don't exist, or have values that don't make sense or are out of range, and you could make some cleanup. I didn't want to troll, I only wanted to suggest some things.

You dismissed this calling me a troll, and telling that it doesn't matter, that if a variable doesn't exist it would be ignored, and if its value is out of range (e.g. snaps 40) it will be forced down to the correct one. Then when I said that with your reasoning, I could even set cg_fov 360 (anyway it's forced down to 120) you said that it is 'weak sauce' and that I'm illogical. dafuq?

You said that when people bring negativity you get annoyed. I have a right to get annoyed too, and I happen by chance to get annoyed when I try to help, or I make reasonable suggestions to illogical people and I'm called illogical myself or even troll.

And if there is something that really pisses me off, is when people make mistakes and try to defend them at all costs.

Especially when they even insult others as an attempt to do so ('Weak sauce' 'You can be quite illogical' 'I'm done explaining things to you' 'it doesn't stick to your brain' 'I can only dumb down these answers so much guys') stop offending people's intelligence man, you overreact a bit to any kind of criticism

If you don't want to be criticised then don't post things in a forum

Most of the cvars you brought up were pointless and won't effect the game which is why it's dumb to even bring it up as a negative. I don't really care. I said from the start the config isn't perfect and it's really old but it works fine yet you guys point fingers at meaningless shit. I never said anything about cg_fov360. that's a very dependent command and would literally be retarded to put at max...... You're just turning words around at this point . I mean come on how illogical would it be to put that at max. I mention SNAPS not FOV two totally different things. you damn well know what commands I was referring to yet you continue to take things way outside the box just to come up with a way to say hey this is bad and incorrect. Step off the pedestal. :) <3

Edited by XashTheStampede

• Clan Friend

I never said anything about cg_fov360. that's a very dependent command and would literally be retarded to put at max...... You're just turning words around at this point . I mean come on how illogical would it be to put that at max.

And so it is for snaps. That was an extreme example I made to show how illogical it is to put wrong values, then say that 'it still works'. I said and I repeat that I've never seen a single server with sv_fps = 40, feel free to show me a single instance of such a server.

You call it a 'win win situation', but win-win means there should be 2 wins, where is the other 'win' if no server has 40 snaps (until you show me one), why not 60 then, while you have to put wrong values.

Even in my configuration there is certainly some junk, since it's a mess I changed over the years, and it's not the cleanest cfg around, but whenever I realize something is junk I remove it.

If you read the whole thread, you'll see that the first one who treated others as stupid was you. Seeing that attitude of yours, I decided to show you that your config had many questionable things after all, and all you could do was saying that I lack logic, etc. etc.

If you had started with a different attitude, things would have been much more friendly here... I have nothing against you, but you can't just tell people that they 'read an answer and it doesn't stick', before asking yourself if maybe you didn't understand their point yourself.

• Like 1