Man of Steel Trailer #3

The_Dom

This looks like the Superman movie we've all been waiting for! I'm a Trekkie but I find myself looking forward to this movie even more than Star Trek Into Darkness. Mos is Epic indeed.

That comment about the "S"... was that true in the comic books too? Just wondering if the original creator/author of Superman wrote that or if this new movie is creating new history.

I've been asking myself that question too.

According to wiki: (brace for copypasta)

Initially, the S-shield had one meaning: S for Superman. One of the first alternative meanings was presented in Superman: The Movie, in which it was not an S, but rather the S-shaped Coat of arms of the House of El. After the Superman reboot story The Man of Steel, the symbol's story was that it was designed by Jonathan Kent and was derived from an ancient Native American symbol. The symbol was featured on a medicine blanket given to an ancestor of the Kent family by a Native American tribe after he helped to cure them of a plague and was supposed to represent a snake, an animal held to possess healing powers by the tribe (implying that, by wearing this symbol, Superman was a metaphorical healer). In 2004, Mark Waid's Superman: Birthright series says the S-Shield is the Kryptonian symbol for "hope" and Superman believes it may have begun as a coat of arms for the House of El. Later, writer Geoff Johns confirmed it was indeed a coat of arms, as well as a symbol for hope. In the 2013 film Man of Steel, when asked by Lois Lane what the "S" stands for, Superman states that it is not an "S", but rather the Kryptonian symbol for "hope". [3]

So I guess it wasn't in the comic books, but it hasn't been grasped out of nowhere either. ;)

On a side note: EPIC TRAILER. DO WANT TO WATCH.

Edited by Cranky:>
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

should I go see it in 3D or it isn't necessary ? :)

does it bring better experience given the effects used in the movie?

I saw it in "3d", but i didnt see one effect.....

With 3D effects or without it doesnt mind this movie is very very very nice so have fun :)

• 2 weeks later...