Hardcore Map Removal

Ra.

What do you guys think of removing maps like the star wars map and the base race map. They tend to be server killers for the good players.

Do you think a vote would be possible?

So Server Killers for good players but not for bad players? I say it should stay then lol, because if you were really good, it wouldn't matter what map you play on =P.

The map is irrelevant to your skills yes. That does not take away from the fact that those maps are server killers to good players. WHy?

Because good players usually don't like those maps.

This hurts the server because it removes people from it. The people who like these maps most of the time would not care what map came next. Because they r n00b.

So removing the maps only has a positive outcome.

I happen to love both maps so maybe that makes me a noob--whatever. Hardcore map selection is by votes---so if you dont like those maps dont vote on them. I dont me just you, I mean everyone. The fact that those maps do get quite a bit of play time is proof that there are plenty of people that do like them.

Also, there are many "good" players that are Hardcore regulars and you will find them playing on both of those maps. If somebody runs off to a different server when those maps come up then they are most likely not Hardcore regs.

p.s. there is a section for map requests. If you posted there and had some suggestions for replacements it could have better results.

frag on...,

GraveDigger

• Administrators

All those good players are dumb then. Either those "good" players don't know map is selected based on votes casted during intermission or they really like those maps and they vote for it.

Just don't vote for it and also tell others not to vote for it. As simple as that.

We don't run server for only good players, since F|A invites all players to have fun. Skill doesn't matter on public servers.

All those good players are dumb then. Either those "good" players don't know map is selected based on votes casted during intermission or they really like those maps and they vote for it.

Just don't vote for it and also tell others not to vote for it. As simple as that.

We don't run server for only good players, since F|A invites all players to have fun. Skill doesn't matter on public servers.

+1

Like D.D. said, the maps for votation are planning for everyone, good and beginers players, so everyone can enjoy all kind of maps.

Bad players outnumber the good. Good players aren't stupid according to your example they are outnumbered. My whole argument was based on the fact that there is a voting system. 3-4 good players vs 10+ noobs who is going to win the vote?

And like i said removing the maps would keep more good players while also maintaining the noob base. A win win situation.

But anyway I tried :cry

• Administrators

Bad players outnumber the good. Good players aren't stupid according to your example they are outnumbered.

I think I will increase the map count so a map played once can't be played back until another 6 map are played. :)

• 1 month later...

Another option and a possible solution for everyone would be to limit the votes per player to 1 vote rather than 3. I do agree with Ra. because I see this happen alot. There can be a full server on for several maps and then baserace will get voted into play and the next thing you know there are 7-8 players on the server and the rest are bots. When this happens players generally go into spec and then all switch to one team so there is 5-6 players on one team and only 1-2 on the other. This especially happens on baserace.

Also by allowing players to have 3 votes alot of people will vote for a random map and then stack the rest of the votes on base or falcon while at the same time the better players will be screaming in chat to not vote for those maps. So I think probably the best solution, rather than eliminating the maps would be to adjust the voting system to 1 vote per player. This will also give you better statistics on map votes.