Any ideas for new mouse?

Vanaraud

Just bought razer imperator when my sensei died down. One guestion. Are you a low sens player or high sense player. Myself i had a problem with ultralwo sensitivity while playing CSS, 30G of mouse accelration wich is standard wasnt fast enough for me, so my mouse wouldnt track anymore. Now i have changed my sensitivity but still bought imperator wich is 50g of acelration. Wich means aboout 2m per second of mouse movement and it tracks perfectly. So if you are a low sens user i would go with new dual sensor mouses from razer, the old firmware was crap what i ahve read, but this new one works perfectly. With my soft mouse pad theres no issues pressing the buttons and mouse moving. Stays absolutely still. Sweeping movements starts wherte the other sweep ends. And guality seems to be fairly solid. I can also say that sensei RAW should be pretty awesome. So basically. Low sens, imperator. High sensei.

I think Im more to higher sensitivity. And Gygabitye M6980X does the job pretty well. For the money I got a good mouse fitting my hand nicely(only scroll is too near to my palm so barely use it). Accuracy is on 2€ clipboard decent and can bring it up and down without loosing position also. More than with old mouse.

Lol at that 2€ clipboard. Wanted to  glue old Roccat Sotta on it because it had huge bump on it, so it was even impossible to surf the net. Brother suggested to try only clipboard and considering Sotta lost accuracy within about 1-2 month because was impossible to clean the 2 euro one is doing very well. Easy to clean, one swipe and feels like new. Had it for about month now and no signs of wearing out like 20 times more expensive pad. So even if I got enough money in future not going to waste it on low quality: "oh Im ex-uber-pro and I designed super mouse\pad" goods which are done in one month, max 3.

What mouse would you guys recommend for FPS and RPG? Why?

I'm currently finding a good mouse for playing in both these genres with a budget of a $100. I've seen a lot but I don't know which one to pick basically.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy my logitech g9, and the newer version g9x is really good to. I like the grip, it fits my hand well, has built in memory for macro support and is very responsive.

I had G5 (for 32eu) that was glitchy and died after 1 year-and now I have G5s (80eu) that was a free replacement of G5. G5s feels like G5 except has more dpi. 

G5 can be a good choice for your budget. If it will die before time you will get a free replacement lol :)

In my honest opinion, stay away from razer brand. It's mainly high priced mouses with terrible firmwares and softwares. Most of their blue prints were released and questioned many times with no answers from the CEO of razer. Even most of their "GAMING" keyboards are terribly designed and I even recall one of their models wouldn't allow more than 2 keys to be pressed at the same time.... which is quite ridiculous for a gaming keyboard that sells for 80+ bucks.

One of the most accurate mouses to this day is no longer made and it's a shame :( But the G400 looks like quite the replica of the MX500, I personally have only used it at a friends house and it seemed like a nice responsive mouse and i believe they are rather cheap too. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if it's got all the features of mx518/mx500 and more.

On a side note I haven't tried any of the other side companies like ThermalTake, Gigabyte, Steelseries, and Saitek(cyborg). But I have heard they are quite decent models from each company, I wish I could try them out at a store but I rarely see gaming mouses anywhere now adays.

With Logitech mice (mx500/mx518/mx518 refresh) I had and have the best experiences and they last years without failing and worked on any surface.

With Razer (Copperhead/Diamondback/2x Deathadder through warranty) I had the worst, they always failed after few months. Buttons started to squeak or to fail and overall they seemed to become loose after some time. They started to sound like a rattle when shaking them a bit (rattlesnake would have been a better naming :P) poor manufacturing and cheap components pushed by marketing. In the end most of them failed entirely due to broken cables.

Edited by S3ti
  • Like 1