Map improvement

Nico-Nazkar

I tried to decompile oasis and saberpeak -> they are all the groud to remake and brushs which are leaked

I'm not very motivated because it's more a work of correction instead of creation. :hmm

I prefer make a new map sure :P

So if you have a good idea, or just a command map idea speak about it ^^.

Mapping is not difficult so everybody can do it (i can make objective excepted trucks/tank), the longer part is to make decors (-> It's just to make rectangles with texture :lol:). If someone want to help me, he won't have to learn tons of things, any help is welcome :D .

Otherwise I can try to modify the maps.

well well mister there is a map which great great map but the problem with it, it's the biggest map ever in ET, you need at least 64 player on ... or people will hate it

so if you can remove some stuff and make it smaller (for maxi 40 player) that will be great. when i said smaller not that mean size file but the map it self (ways, walls and all useless stuff)

denoflions_etdualclear.pk3 15MB

also have some maps on my mind that will great to have em smaller too, for 20 or maxi 50 slot server

• Administrators

For saber peak:

1. Fix the lag issue.

2. Make 2 spawn points for allies so they don't get spawn rape.

3. On first axis spawn their are 2 MG in the room or so and long window. Make a direct exit their. So, as soon as they spawn they can use that exist. It will also benefit allies when they will spawn their.

4. Seal the top part of objective with wire defense. So, people can't trick jump and end the map.

5. Their are only 2 place from where allies can enter the base. Make it 3.

For oasis:

Oasis b2 is good version. But it still need some fixes. I will send your screenshots from where.

Thanks for working on maps. Much appreciated.

PS Your trial ends. :)

For saber peak:

1. Fix the lag issue.

2. Make 2 spawn points for allies so they don't get spawn rape.

3. On first axis spawn their are 2 MG in the room or so and long window. Make a direct exit their. So, as soon as they spawn they can use that exist. It will also benefit allies when they will spawn their.

4. Seal the top part of objective with wire defense. So, people can't trick jump and end the map.

5. Their are only 2 place from where allies can enter the base. Make it 3.

For oasis:

Oasis b2 is good version. But it still need some fixes. I will send your screenshots from where.

Thanks for working on maps. Much appreciated.

PS Your trial ends. :)

thanks ^^

It's just a lot of work, so i don't know when i'll finished.

ps : my computer isn't recent so i lag a lot with those enormous map :/

ps : and it's difficult because some parts left with the decompilation....

Can you tell me how to decompile maps? Id like to try modding some maps for fun :D

there is the code to put in a .bat file like decompilater.bat and then just execute it you will have a map_converted.map file :

rem to use this batch file, drop a .bsp file on it or run it from a dos window:
rem > compile

set Q3MAP_PATH="C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2.exe"
set ET_PATH="C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory"
set MAP_PATH="C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\maps\ma_map.bsp"

set GEN_OPTIONS=-fs_basepath C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4 -game et

rem
%Q3MAP_PATH% -convert -format map %GEN_OPTIONS% -v %MAP_PATH%
pause

# 3MAP_PATH : directory path of your q3map2.exe (in the GTK directory)

# ET_PATH : your ET path Enemy Territory

# MAP_PATH : The bsp file's path

---> code from wikimapping.free.fr ---> http://wikimapping.free.fr/index.php?title=D%C3%A9compiler_une_map

Hobbit, when you have decompile a map you can't recompile it without do a lot of work :/

They are brushs which not exist or brush which disappear and some entities are leaked. Maps are also so big and compilation a VERY long (more than one hour : i tried just the bsp file one saberpeak : just 10 minutes :( ). So if you want to make a map for fun it's may be better you make your own ^^ (but you can try to decompile a map t test ^^)

I need more information about the decompiled maps. Do someone knows someone who did a map after decompiled it ?

I need to know how ground regions are done.

Thanks by advance.

hmmmmm maby you could make some night/snow vertions on maps. Thats a good way to start.

The difficulty is to compile the map file after have decompiled the bsp file. It's just very long. I think i'll copy parts of the map little by little to doesn't have all the bug in the same time.

I already made maps it's not a problem.

Using pakscape can help too with finding the files you need to open up in radient.

I use winrar to open pk3, it's the same.

I also try to make texture's blends with the saberpeak shader, but it didn't work.

I use winrar to open pk3, it's the same.

Yeah and from what u told me, ur pk3 size = total size of all the files it contains.

packscape has good compression, i use it for N!tmod and it's really great, you should use it too :D

Yeah and from what u told me, ur pk3 size = total size of all the files it contains.

packscape has good compression, i use it for N!tmod and it's really great, you should use it too :D

I tested it with you and there were just some bytes in more : )