Wireless Mouse issue

Chameleon

I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse, it's a pretty cheap one I got from Staples I think. Anyway while playing ET, about every 2 maps it stops responding and I have to unplug the little usb thing and plug it back in. When I do this, it will work fine for another couple maps then do the same thing. Is there a fix for this, or should I just look into getting another mouse? Thanks!

are you using the standard usb drivers/software?

is there new logitech software on their site?

I was using the drivers that came with the mouse, when I go to the Logitech site I don't see driver support for Win8..

New driver same issue.. After a couple of maps I have to restart ET if I wanna play, the mouse just becomes unusable.. I am thinking it's time to get a new mouse..

If it's fairly consistent with time (ie, it only ever happens after roughly 1 hour of use, or a similar scenario to that), and unplugging/plugging in fixes it, then I would say the transceiver (Micro USB thingy) is dying rather than the mouse.. If the mouse is under warranty, then simply get the whole thing replaced - why not? But if its not under warranty it may be worth just buying the transceiver..

PS: I'm only basing this on my general (yet probably unreliable) understanding of the basics.. It IS possible that it's the communication chip in the mouse its self which is only being re-awoken when the USB is plugged in again.. So perhaps in hindsight it's better to play it safe and replace the mouse..

If possible, I would recommend avoiding the wireless mice anyway.. But I know sometimes it's unavoidable..

• Like 1

I used an older wireless mouse that a friend has and never had an issue with it today, so I am starting to think it has something to do with the mouse its self..

Gunna stop after work tomorrow and try to get another mouse.. What are some suggestions for a person on a budget hehehe?

Well my gaming time was destroyed today because of this mouse.. I have yet to buy a new one, but I can't figure out why this is an ET only problem.. BF3 Far Cry3 all work fine, but in ET it is getting much worse.. I could only get a few minutes in each map before it would stop responding.. :/