Sten on Beginners

Rossko339

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you have at the main weapon slot (default on key 3) always 2 weapons....the axis and the allied one.

For example if you are a Medic if you shot 30 bullets from mp40 then you could press 3 again and you switcht to thompson with another 30 bullets.

But with sten you have only one weapon on 3 so if you fighting someone with two weapons at slot 3 he has the double amount of ammo befor he has to reload.

Hope its better to understand now :).

Hi

On the Beginners server (i think its Jay3) you have each weapon two times on "3" but sten only once.....

So its hard to play with sten and maybe it could be fixxed :)

regreats

Since sten is one of the strongest weapons in ET, I doubt that would be fair :P

And once sten steams out, it wont allow for a reload or change weapon. So using sten requires careful steps on how and when to use sten when in fight.

I find it also unfair: medics have 20-40HP more in the start of the fight + extra ammo(full ammo at spawn) +2 weapons in the start of a match + they can spread 30-60 bullets in row while using sten you have only 15 till you have to switch due to oveheating. Oh did I mention that sten dmg is lower than smgs.

So yeah giving sten full ammo at spawn would be a place to start. In the other hand I guess there it ends because raters would get very upset when they get killed by a sten as its "so powerful"(though its accurate so when you are able to give HS some kills can be collected) weapon :P

• 3 weeks later...

??? , hes on about if your a med etc etc u run out of bullets u get to use the other main gun .... but when u run out of ammo on sten u dont get a new gun he means runs out forever if u can on the sten

I don't think it's possible to have 2 of the same weapon with 2 different clips

No, but 2 differents guns is.. I have seen covops with lot of differents guns and was fun to use them (grenades launcher,thompson,mp40,m97,..).. So, fg42+sten, M1+sten, k43+sten or k43+M1+sten could be a bit more fair for the covops..

if not for 2 guns, maybe adjust and make the time longer before sten steams out? or 45 bullets before steaming out? :rolleyes:

No, but 2 differents guns is.. I have seen covops with lot of differents guns and was fun to use them (grenades launcher,thompson,mp40,m97,..).. So, fg42+sten, M1+sten, k43+sten or k43+M1+sten could be a bit more fair for the covops..

K43 got garand and garand k43 :D

Only sten and fg would be an idea