Student opens fire at California high school, wounding one

slenderman

Why does frequent gun firing incidents take place in USA ? I think fire arms laws should me more tightened. Arms license should be limited in numbers.

Let's not get into this debate again. :P

• Like 1

Why does frequent gun firing incidents take place in USA ? I think fire arms laws should me more tightened. Arms license should be limited in numbers.

California, the place where this took place, has one of the strictest gun laws in the states.

Don't start with the gun laws again, as Krayzie said California has the most strict gun laws in the country.

The quote "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" really comes into play in my opinion, give the wrong person a gun and he/she'll use it for the wrong reasons whereas give the gun to the right person and they'll use it for the right reasons.

@Krayzie, I agree that people getting shot happens all the time but the Aurora shooting, the Sandy Hook massacre, and this had such short intervals in between the events that it is worth noting. It's not everyday that you hear a mass murder take place (a mass murder is four or more murders at a particular spot for those who don't know.)

And yes this isn't a mass murder but everyone assumed and some still are assuming that it was.

I feel oone of the best ways to prevent these types of things, is not show the stories, and especially not divulge the shooters whole life story. People see this and relate to why he did it and think its acceptable because the news "idolizes" the shooter.

• Like 2

Remember way back when the news would just report the news and then shut the hell up and let you think about what you heard and they also reported and then left you alone for 8 hrs

Remember way back when the news would just report the news and then shut the hell up and let you think about what you heard and they also reported and then left you alone for 8 hrs

Then the internet happened and we have a constant stream of it.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. That may be true. But that line of thinking doesn't help us prevent mass shootings. How do you know which person is going to pick up a semi-automatic rifle and kill people? You can't know with certainty who intends to do such a thing. You can't maintain vigilance over people as easily as you can maintain vigilance over things... like semi-automatic guns.

No matter how strict gun laws are, criminals will have access to them and continue to commit crimes with them. Again, that may be true. No one expects gun control to be a miracle solution. What gun control CAN do, and what is worthwhile to do, is to keep the semi-automatic rifle out of the hands of the ordinary citizen. We don't know which citizens are going to lose their temper or have a mental breakdown, but if he/she ever does, at least it will be harder to obtain a semi-auto with 30-round mag after they have their breakdown. And that could save countless lives. Isn't it worth it?

Of course the criminals will get the weapons they want. The school shootings of the past 13 years and the mall and theater shootings haven't been committed by criminals, however. -Generally speaking. They were committed by "ordinary" citizens (most of whom had no prior criminal activity) who had access to a level of firepower, that in my opinion, no one should have legal access to.

Gun control won't make a huge dent in gun crimes. -Which is a major point of the NRA's argument. And they are right. But that's not the intention. The intention is to keep the assault rifle out of the hands of people that unpredictably go on shooting sprees. The next time someone snaps and brings a gun to a public place, lives may be saved if he has to reload after 11 rounds, has a smaller caliber and less shooting power. That's worth giving up our right to assault weapons.

Edited by EnderWiggin

Just as long as nobody was killed in this shooting, I can say this was a win for the people. We prevented what might have been another massacre... WTF is wrong with this generation?

please understand that this wasnt an attempt at a mass killing it was one kid that targeted another and thats all could have been done with a bat, hammer screwdriver you get the picture . he used a shotgun in a state that already has some of the most restrictive gun laws.

But you have to see this as the bigger picture, what he could have done. By only targeting one kid with whatever weapon, doesn't matter, the school was still capable of being shot up in an instant even if that was not the dude's intentions. :) Its just scary if you think about it, it honestly can happen anywhere at anytime.

It happens everywhere not just in the U.S. The problem here in the states is that our corrupt leadership is in cahoots with the mainstream media. So when these things happen they're blown up and shoved in everyone's face in order to push an agenda. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to bear arms in the event we have to defend ourselves from a enemy foreign or domestic. Like a capitol full of crooked representatives on BOTH sides of the aisle spending a country into oblivion and trying to disarm us like they have the rest of the world. It's just us and the swiss now.

I know that idiot Biden is up to no good. He's spearheading the new gun ban and I believe they are going to attempt an executive order from the guy who calls himself president. I'll tell you all now... if they put out an executive order trying to ban assault weapons... they will lose that battle. It will be cival war II.

If they would let teachers and staff at schools carry concealed weapons someone could have shot that POS in the head maybe even before he got to kill someone. That goes for Sandy Hook as well. Oh and while were on Sandy Hook check this out... there are allegations that the whole Sandy Hook massacre was staged by the government to push the weapons ban. >>>http://chemtrailsplanet.net/2013/01/10/crisis-actors-from-batman-movie-find-work-at-sandy-hook/ a nice little video showing the same actors at both Aurora and Sandy Hook.

Don't start with the gun laws again, as Krayzie said California has the most strict gun laws in the country.

The quote "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" really comes into play in my opinion, give the wrong person a gun and he/she'll use it for the wrong reasons whereas give the gun to the right person and they'll use it for the right reasons.

Please give me a good reason for use gun? Seriously I'm from Quebec (Canada) and the most part of us don't find a good reason. Help me to understand...

Please give me a good reason for use gun? Seriously I'm from Quebec (Canada) and the most part of us don't find a good reason. Help me to understand...

For me, my guns primarily put food on the table. But, as long as there are bad people with access to guns to harm me or my family, when not hunting, they are at the ready for self defense. And in the recent weeks, I am thinking they may be needed to reclaim my country from the tyrants who are destroying it...... which was the main reason for the 2nd amendment.

Oh yeah..... If you look back, my instinct on what this shooting situation was was right on the money. Now if I could just figure out women that easily.

• Like 1