Buying new keyboard.

yellow flash

as title says my old one is getting old and it has some keys broken so i was thinking about getting SteelSeries 6Gv2 Red Edition Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Red

SteelSeries-6G.jpg

So anyone has experience with it or got better one to suggest? i hade though razer ones also but they are more in to mmo gaming and im looking keyboard for fps gaming.

Not with that one, but I got the corsair k60 which got the same red switches and I love it.

(only minor complain about the corsair k60 is that not all keys are mechanical: f1 aren't and insert, home, ... either)

I specially searched for red switches and the corsair k60 was/is the only choice in the benelux, but make sure you choose the right ones for you. There are some big differences between the switches used in mechanical keyboards.

Edited by DrJoske

meh i don't get the hype from gaming kb's i've been using "shitty" 10€'s keyboards for years and has been working perfectly for my needs (ET) :D, but then again i don't rly need any programmable keys etc.

• Like 1

As said, for a basic keyboard, you can save money on a basic logitech keyboard for 10-20 bucks. I have 3 keyboard currently:

1 Microsoft wireless- 20 bucks

1 Logitech (basic style)- 20 bucks

1 Razer Lycosa- 90 bucks.

BOth the microsoft and logitech keyboard I bought as packages. Each came with a wireless mouse when I was FPS gaming solely. They were standard and did the trick fairly well.

I only bought the razer lycosa, because I had money to burn when I was buying a naga mouse, which I needed for warcraft.

If you want to spend extra, I can say that the razer Lycosa model is pretty nice. It's pretty standard, so no real 'macro keys' set up like their fancier models. However, there are four things I reeeeeeally like with this keyboard.

1: Nylon wire case. I find it more flexible and less likely to break than the standard rubber wire casing on most keyboards.

2: Extra usb slot. Since the wire is so long, you can plug both usb cords attached to the keyboard into the usb slots, allowing you to plug in your mouse to the keyboard itself. Leaves you lots of room to maneuver, depending on your desktop setup.

3: Microphone and headphone jacks: Again, the keyboard has headphone and mic wires that you plug in. This way you can also plug in a headset/mic into the keyboard for more maneuverability. Allows you to keep wires coiled and free from tangling.

4: Backlit keyboard. Great for nighttime gaming/surfing, AND it's blue. :D

Otherwise, it's just a shiny toy. :P If you're not looking for pizazz, then K.I.S.S -- Keep It Simple Stupid (Something I learned in school)

Here's the lycosa as reference:

razer-lycosa1.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/razer-lycosa-gaming-keyboard/10114208.aspx

Edited by ♥ SiN ♥

meh i don't get the hype from gaming kb's i've been using "shitty" 10€'s keyboards for years and has been working perfectly for my needs (ET) :D, but then again i don't rly need any programmable keys etc.

I got the corsair K60 like I said above, this can be considered a gaming keyboard...

I didn't care about that, the only thing I bought if for was the fact it was a MECHANICAL keyboard.

And really once you go mechanical, you don't want to go back ^^

(although I might switch to brown switches once I start gaming less )

Other plus for mechanical keyboard: the don't break as fast as dome ones (cheap ones)

So if I can do 5-6 years with mine, I'm in profit ^^

das keyboard silent ultimate is what I plan to get in a coupla weeks.

http://www.amazon.co...ds=das keyboard

I was is doubt to get that one too.

Friend of me has it (brown switches, don't like blue ones)

And it types amazing, I just didn't like gaming with it.

The reason I went for red switches (which demands really to get use to, they are really light to hit: in the beginning I had loads of typos on it )

Ow and the fact it doesn't has letter written on is is great to confuse people too ofcourse ^^

• 4 weeks later...