Problem with my GUID

Hanswurst

Hi,

After a 1-year-old break, I'm back

3 days ago I've installed W:ET on my PC

As I launched the game and joined my favourite server (best server, no doubt: NQ 1)

my FA-Mate Julez noticed, that I've no GUID.

It took several minutes to solve my problem (we have also tried the Key-generator).

It wasn't sure, whether we have solved this problem.

So I decided to close ET and launch it again.

And what was Julez pointing at?? That I've still no GUID ( I've also lost my XP)

Killar has also tried to help me solving this problem.

He gave me some commands, which I had to execute. Unfortunately, he had no success.

I've no idea, how to solve this problem, so I turn to you

I hope you can help me :/

Information:

Win 7 64 bit

I've installed W:ET here:

Computer C: Programs W:ET

And here:

Computer C: programs(x86) W:ET

I've also tried a reinstallation, no success

Thx in advance, mates :)

last version of pb and pb enabled ?

edit:

Its all available in our Dl section: Link

i guess to enable PunkBuster from console, type in "\PB_CL_ENABLE" (without quotes)

Edited by stabak

• Leader

Are you running ET as Administrator under Win7? Some say they can fix this sort of problem by navigating to the ET program folder and changing 'properties' of the ET.exe to run as Admin.

I installed ET as admin and set the shortcut to ET.exe to run as admin. I installed before PB stopped giving us etkeys.

edit: aaaand, I see Mr. Stabak typed less and beat me to the post time. Comment on his post: some people report having more trouble enabling PB than they should have to go through.

Have noticed that nq mods try to force etmain settings, so when you first start ET go to Play Online and click "Enable PB" and then choose mods->noquarter(nq1 should be this one) and repeat it. If it doesn´t work try to edit under ET\noquarter\profiles the .cfg file(ctrl+f for cl_punkbuster). But if you got it working once then the location(etmain folder) of ETKEY should be correct if not then check the possible alternative locations from Chuckuns tutorial.