Fitness - Working Out

kapone

Sport is good for health and helps to keep the line.

But when you get older it is much harder to stay slim, I get there but I'm more careful about what I eat.I practice swimming :)

Great replies guys, appreciate the advice too. I used to play soccer twice a week also, but now with starting my business I find I have no time. Hence why I am making an effort to go to the gym so I don't get out of shape. I want to look goo when we have our grand opening!

PS - great videos!

I go to the gym to get bigger :D if i don't, i am getting to goddamn skinny. (and no, eating more fat, macdonalds, burgerking is not an option... i can eat whatever i want, when i want.) If i only take the stairs once, i burn a gazillion calories xD

This is an interesting thread I would be interested in seeing results of all that work out. I used to exercise a few days a week in my 20's and earlier, now that I'm in my 30's I've slowed down a lot. But here is a shot of when I was 29. I'm 34 now so not in the shape I was, at the time I wasn't really watching what I was eating either.

Any others want to share pics?

Dec_17_2007-1.jpg

This is an interesting thread I would be interested in seeing results of all that work out. I used to exercise a few days a week in my 20's and earlier, now that I'm in my 30's I've slowed down a lot. But here is a shot of when I was 29. I'm 34 now so not in the shape I was, at the time I wasn't really watching what I was eating either.

Any others want to share pics?

Dec_17_2007-1.jpg

Yea what supplements did you take?

Creatine, Bcaa, Whey Protein, TEST BOOSTERS?

Edited by MoAZeR
  • Like 1

I was taking cell tech suppliment along with vitamins and such + protein shakes. My metabolism is crazy and I've been told by gym instructors I'm a instructors wet dream lol. I'm thinking about getting back in shape again, but will need to work a lot harder at it now that I'm older. I will take cell tech again, I recommend if your body can handle it. My twin brother can't take it, bothers his stomach too much.

I've also been told I was taking steroids but take it as you will, I've never touched them. :)

I kill it everyday...sunday/chest monday/shoulders tuesday / bike or spin bike wednesday/back thursday/yoga friday/arms saturday/legs.

+/- 2400 calories daily, 200-220grams protein daily

noxplode 2.0 for preworkout ....zma and tcf1 for test boost and vitmain B supercomplex. There are so may ways to stay in shape. Just find something to get your ass moving. Try to avoid a lot of processed foods. Remember to treat yourself at least once a week. For me it is cheeseburgers and pasta. Diet is huge for the older generation your metabolism slows down the older you get ....

Thats me in my basement gym in July..pretty much stay like that all the time. Dont forget I am 42 years old....muhahahaha

post-3163-0-96309600-1353930451_thumb.jpg

Edited by Funkbut

I gym 7 days a week, different muscle group, occasionally two muscle groups a day.

05:00 alarm

05:10 Whey shake and optimum nutrition's Opti-men vitamin while waiting for first meal

05:30 Chicken, rice, 4 veg. (chicken taking two hours to absorb more than enough time for whey to be out of my system)

06:20 Pre workout (Usually 2 scoops of craze and 1 eNOXIDE pill under the tongue)

06:30 gym opens and ready to kick it, with an intra workout shake which is usually just some fast acting carbs like dextrose and maltodextrin and BCAA's and glutamine.

08:45 Post workout protein shake, platinum hydro whey by Optimum nutrition for fastest possible absorption

10:30 Preparing second meal of Chicken, rice, 3 different veg and optimum nutrition's Opti-men vitamin

After that a meal every 2-2.5 hours until my casein shake and optimum nutrition's Opti-men vitamin before bed.

I pig on pastas, proteins and use creatine from time to time when im gearing up for the bike season. I'm blessed in that I can eat whatever I want and know I'll burn it off and still want more. The best thing you can do is not train once,twice or seven times a week, make it part of your life instead of thinking 'ill visit the gym for a few hours' etc, get bored? pick up some weights or train. For me I dont need a car for a vast majority of what i do, I jump on my bike and ride wherever, be it ten miles or 150 etc thus making it part of my life in a true form.

For those that drink milk ( I drink whole milk and use real butter. No low fat substitutes for me) with their protein shakes...here is a holiday season special. Use a nice egg nog in your shake. I substitute 1/3 of my milk with a nice thick egg nog with chocolate protein powder (used EAS and was awesome)

Great tip Funk but Milk is only useful to those who have 2 hours to wait around for it to be in their system :)

Always a debate on this. Some say that the lactose in the milk will hinder the fast absorption of the whey but the absorption takes place in the intestines anyhow not in the stomach. Also some say better with milk because the lactose will create a insulin spike and optimize cells for nutrition uptake. As long as you spread load your proteins daily it is not much of a issue. I intake protein of some sort all day long on average of 5 days a week. Starting at 7am until 10:30pm I intake usually 220 grams. Biggest intakes are pre and post workout. many varying theories on the subject. Also never forget that milk, for me anyhow, provides the additional calories I need and fats, although definitely not the best fats you can get. I really dont get fats from anywhere else other than dairy and you have to maintain some fat intake. My theory is in the statement below right or wrong it what i like to believe on my end of the debate....

A whey protein powder with milk, a cassein protein, will slow release the cassein but not necessary to wait for full absorption thats the beauty of the whey portion in a liquid . Anything in a liquid form will fast absorb. generally I take it 30 minutes prior to workout. If you are counting on a protein absorption from a solid food meat,fish beans or a protein bar than yes you need to wait it out. Cassein also great for before bed due to its slow release. eggs, cottage cheese or milk great before bed. Just use caution for timing with any testosterone boosters if you are using any.