Anonymous declares cyber war on Israel

Medic Kane

Well, as long as it stays a "cyberwar" I won't choose sides. If both sides (hamas - Israel goverment) would be less like "Ooh, they killed a palestinian (or Isrealian) fly! Lets bomb them!", and more like "Lets talk, and put our weapons away.", it would change a thing. And am I the only one who thinks that it has started to look like a modern crusade? Belief versus belief. And I really want everyone to do some research about the fact.

I might have wandered a bit off topic, but these are my thoughts.

(I don't want to start a endless debate here, so please don't hate :))

• Like 1

You really think israel is looking for a war? :P

if so i should inform you that you've been doing your research wrong :P.

But as for my opinion, we need more from the talking in the middle east and less from the shoting.. thats for sure.

As I understand it, the only reason Hamas would sign a cease fire is to rebuild it's strength. Israel clearly doesn't want a temporary cease-fire and allow Hamas to rebuild it's military installations. The conflict will not end untill there's a final peace treaty that's enforced by a third (neutral) party.

As a person living in Israel and one that has had to take cover a rockets were coming in from Gaza i must say that this cease-fire will only be temporary. How do you make peace with someone who doesnt acknowledge your right to exist. As far as these hackers they are bored and just jumping on the latest left wing hot spot. I wish all the organizations accusing Israel of being baby killers would actually travel to Israel and Gaza to see the truth.

Agreed. A lot of people are getting wrong information and speaking out. It's now also clear that Iran has been supplying Hamas with a few missiles and other missiles are homebrew (or so I hear, feel free to correct me).

(other radical elements such as) Hamas has also said that it will never officially recognize Israel and it won't stop till every jew is killed. I'm not sure how anyone can actually blame Israel for defending it's citizens, even if Israel has a very good Iron Dome defense system.

So one really need to asks, which part of Anonymous do you think is responsible for attacking Israeli websites? My guess, a small group of misinformed script kiddies that had nothing better to do.

Regarding this matter (anonymous attacking Israel), Israel should be proud that only one (afaik) website was temporarily (few minutes) offline, this does show that Israel was prepared.

As far as i know anyone can attack everyone and write "anonymous".. my guess is that the attack was executed by (most lightly) hackers from the arab nations.

Funny fact guys, that anonymous has forgoten, israel is supplying gaza strip the electrecity... even the paychecks that they get everymonth are coming from the bank of israel.

water suplay, medical care stuff.. all that- at least most of it- comes from israel.

So by attacking us, anonymous has actually proven that they don't really give a crap about right or wrong ( if there's something like that in that complicated situation).. they've shown us that they only wanna damage others... in the name of "justice" .

In fact a lot of people see Anonymous as fighters for freedom and against corrupcy but the truth is that in most cases they act wrong and aren't thinking about the consequences that can occur by their actions..... at my point of view these people are a sad bunch of noobs.

It's good to assume only a small part of the hackers collective "anonymous" is responsible for these actions.

Here's a quote from http://rt.com/news/anonymous-gaza-israel-website-938/

"The Jerusalem Post has confirmed the group’s assault, including the attack on the Foreign Ministry’s website, as well as those of Kadima party, Bank of Jerusalem, and Tel Aviv Municipality. The latter is online as of now. Among other functions, it provides residents with directions to bomb shelters. Meanwhile, the majority of the web pages that were taken down were blank, but some showed pro-Palestinian images and messages, Jerusalem Post reported."

Obviously most people already know where the bomb shelters are since Hamas keeps firing them at Israel, but for those who don't (visiting family in another city while getting stuck in traffic, for example) are screwed if they had/have no clue where to go.

The only time I supported Anonymous was against SOPA/PIPA/ACTA. But for the rest of their actions, I don't care what they do. Because what do they think they want to reach with this? Well, if it is peace they are doing it wrong. There can't be peace. Both sides have become fundamental enemies, and there is nothing that can change it now except millitary actions. And I won't see that happen any time soon. (And for Iran, they just want to create fear so they won't be invaded.)

i agree with anon way of fighting..cuz at least they hurt no one...agree?

and to the conflict...answering violence with a Violence 50 times higher is not the answer...both are wrong..but one more than others...i remember every one that Palestine was 100 times bigger than it is today...with the conquests of israel...the time of the kings and the conquests are over for long..so i think we cant support this type of policy...

or not support a violence policy...any Type..

• Like 1

Anonymous certainly hurt people. It would be interested to see statistics about how many people may have died because of the lack of information (eg. where are the bombshelters since anonymous also temporarily, *I believe* made that information unavailable) in Israel.

It would also be interesting to see how many companies could no longer run their business because of DDoS'es and such, how many people lost their jobs, healthcare (correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this sometimes related to one's job in the US), etc?

It's really not acceptable to hurt people so that they keep a censorship free internet, especially when they're doing their own censorship through taking websites offline. The ends definitely do not justify the means.

--

As for the conflict between Hamas and Israel, it's really between Hamas and Israel. - Hamas keeps (whether they are successful or not) throwing missiles (some which they were provided by Iran, Iran admitted this!) at Israel and they have on multiple occassions stated that they will not stop till every jew has been killed. Now, just imagine your a citizen of Israel driving your kids to school - and all a sudden an Iranian missle fired by Hamas comes your way, it isn't targetting anything but Israel and the farthest it can go.

Israel on the other hand - even though there were many casualities, - has done an admirable job not trying to hurt innocent people; they did not only spread pamplets, they also limited their attacks to Hamas officials and military installations (Hamas targets more than just military installation).

yes a missil of hamas hurted 3 ppl...a aerial attack of israel..killed 30 and destroy the house of many others...think its fair??? the iran is for palestine like USA is for israel..not true???

Im supporting no one..like i sayd before i dont support violence...one side or the other...

The reason less Israeli people were killed and injured is because of their Iron Dome defense system. This however doesn't mean that Hamas hasn't been throwing many missiles at Israel way before Israel started to fight back.

It's true, Israel has killed far more Palestanian people - and I'm not saying it's fair, it's far from fair in fact. Let's consider for a moment what had happened if Israel wasn't targetting specific targets, a lot more people would've died.

Yes, Iran is Palestine and the USA for Israel - and the USA and Iran are providing military aid to Israel and Palestine, respectively, this of course doesn't make it right - so far the USA has helped Israel create the Iron Dome defense system and a whole bunch more. So far, Iran has only provided offensive weaponry to Palestine or rather, they provided it to Hamas. (afaik)

- Just for good measures, like you - I do not support violence of any kind.

EDIT: wrongly placed word which made no sense.

Edited by Xander

yes a missil of hamas hurted 3 ppl...a aerial attack of israel..killed 30 and destroy the house of many others...think its fair??? the iran is for palestine like USA is for israel..not true???

Im supporting no one..like i sayd before i dont support violence...one side or the other...

Let me ask you a question. In a war do you give your enemy weapons because yours are better? War isnt supposed to be fair in that aspect. It the Palestinians own fault because they put Hamas in power and its well known that they hide weapons and fire missles from schools and hospitals. Israel is only retaliating for aggression by Hamas. I garuntee that there is no country in the world that would accept even one missle fired unto it without responding yet Israel has held their fire while thousands of missles have landed here. When the Palestinians decide that they dont want terrorist organizations running their country there might be a chance for peace. TBH Id rather level Gaza than worry about a missle landing on my childrens school.

• Like 2

Let me ask you a question. In a war do you give your enemy weapons because yours are better? War isnt supposed to be fair in that aspect. It the Palestinians own fault because they put Hamas in power and its well known that they hide weapons and fire missles from schools and hospitals. Israel is only retaliating for aggression by Hamas. I garuntee that there is no country in the world that would accept even one missle fired unto it without responding yet Israel has held their fire while thousands of missles have landed here. When the Palestinians decide that they dont want terrorist organizations running their country there might be a chance for peace. TBH Id rather level Gaza than worry about a missle landing on my childrens school.

What you say is true, it's quite ironic that people say Israel is the bad guy while your (assuming your from Israel based on the way you wrote) country has shown alot of restraint and patience. Do you think the situation would improve if Hamas gets replaced? It seems to me that regardless of whether Hamas loses power or not the violence will still continue.

Quite frankly, I did not expect Israel to stop their operation till Hamas was fully incapicitated; I would only assume that due to international pressure (how much countries have called out for the violence to end?) amongst others things they did.

As far as I know, Hamas only agrees to a ceasefire because they lost a great deal of their military hardware and so they can rebuild - I seriously doubt Hamas would have agreed to a ceasefire if the situation was reversed.

Any thoughts?