Voters approve I-502 legalizing marijuana Washington state voters made history Tuesday by legalizing the recreational use of marijuana.

Waster

Eh. It really only has harmful effects to tell the truth, and the fact that they are legalizing it simply for more tax revenue bothers me severely - more people are only going to get into it, and get the same level of addiction that other people have. Those people will do almost anything to get marijuana - I'm sure you could convince someone to try to stand through the sunroof of a car while it's going or something stupid like that.

It's not worse than tabacco or alcohol (I would say alcohol probably is even worse)

I know a lot of people that smoke marijuana and I can tell you they might be addicted. But in the same way people get addicted to cigarettes. They won't do stupid stuff to get it, if they don't have money for it. Well too bad .. Hell, I dunno even sure if the one I know smoked the most pot was even addicted. He stopped in 1 day after the birth of his daughter (and without going into detail you can assume he smoke a lot)

EDIT: Further personal experience (this is going the medical way now). I recently had some f***ed up things going on with my body (knee, neck, back => pretty much every bone in my body in the end :s). I had/have pretty strong painkillers from which I only was allowed to take a limited amount a day. I can say I went over that limit a lot and marijuana is really is a great alternative for painkillers (this happens somewhere july/august I think, just after I had to cancel graspop => the reason I had it in the first place :P)

So only harmful effects is pure bs. I know medical use is a total different section than recreational, but I had to add it .

also I kind of misread your comment so altered it there a bit :P

Edited by DrJoske

It's not worse than tabacco or alcohol (I would say alcohol probably is even worse)

I know a lot of people that smoke marijuana and I can tell you they might be addicted. But in the same way people get addicted to cigarettes. They won't do stupid stuff to get it, if they don't have money for it. Well too bad .. Hell, I dunno even sure if the one I know smoked the most pot was even addicted. He stopped in 1 day after the birth of his daughter (and without going into detail you can assume he smoke a lot)

EDIT: Further personal experience (this is going the medical way now). I recently had some f***ed up things going on with my body (knee, neck, back => pretty much every bone in my body in the end :s). I had/have pretty strong painkillers from which I only was allowed to take a limited amount a day. I can say I went over that limit a lot and marijuana is really is a great alternative for painkillers (this happens somewhere july/august I think, just after I had to cancel graspop => the reason I had it in the first place :P)

So only harmful effects is pure bs. I know medical use is a total different section than recreational, but I had to add it .

also I kind of misread your comment so altered it there a bit :P

I mean, I know that in EXTREMELY small quantities it can be good for medical purposes, but you take a look at most druggies who are addicted to it, and they will do some moronic stuff to get it. A few people I know do marijuana, and let's just say they aren't the... most "model" people I know.

I mean, I know that in EXTREMELY small quantities it can be good for medical purposes, but you take a look at most druggies who are addicted to it, and they will do some moronic stuff to get it. A few people I know do marijuana, and let's just say they aren't the... most "model" people I know.

I take a look at such 'druggie' almost daily (see the one that quit in a day). I'm not going to go in detail because that's private related.

The others I know all go just like me to college/have a decent job. All smoke daily.

You might recognise them from how they look (although that's more music/cultural related), but not how they behave.

I'm convinced it can't be worse than alcohol. And yeah also with that I got personal experience (my father the a**h**** => you may know that don't care about that jerk). I'm convinced that alcohol does worse things with people than pot.

I'm probably affected by my personal atmosphere, but who isn't

ps. the amount wasn't that small (how much it was I dunno, but replaced my painkillers for a week with it)

off topic:

pss. I hate model people, they are boring like hell and try to be normal => normal doesn't exist

Edited by DrJoske

I take a look at such 'druggie' almost daily (see the one that quit in a day). I'm not going to go in detail because that's private related.

The others I know all go just like me to college/have a decent job. All smoke daily.

You might recognise them from how they look (although that's more music/cultural related), but not how they behave.

I'm convinced it can't be worse than alcohol. And yeah also with that I got personal experience (my father the a**h**** => you may know that don't care about that jerk). I'm convinced that alcohol does worse things with people than pot.

I'm probably affected by my personal atmosphere, but who isn't

ps. the amount wasn't that small (how much it was I dunno, but replaced my painkillers for a week with it)

off topic:

pss. I hate model people, they are boring like hell and try to be normal => normal doesn't exist

Yeah, what I meant by that is that they are fairly questionable. I know alcohol is horrible in large amounts, but wine or beer in small amounts can be very good for the human heart - it is when it's abused that it is bad. Either way, to each his own I say. (I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it)

I disagree with that. Many smart, successful, etc people smoke. So saying that if someone smokes, they are not responsible, doesn't make sense.

EDIT:

sry didn't mean to double post

I didn't say that

Government still allows alcohol and tobacco, why allows an other harmful shit? Government must not decide what citizens have to do, at least not everything, but government must not damages/destroys a population's health, especially in USA which already suffer of obesity, alcohol and tobacco. And excuse me, but an adult who abuses of alcohol/drugs/tobacco knowing it's harmful for him isn't responsible, and some people (too many) are like that.

And as I said, not everyone's able to control himself. See the result with tobacco and alcohol...

And by responsible, I didn't mean 'have a job with responsabilities', no, I meant "don't be a danger for others". Indeed, people who smoks/drinks alcohol/consumes drugs but control themselves are more or less responsible, but that's not the majority of case, at the opposite. And it will probably never be.

PS I forgot to say in my last post, 'harmful for him and for others' , hence the confusion maybe.