Grenade launchers on Beginners

vujanic

Don't know what everyone else here thinks of this but I know many players, including myself especially, would much prefer playing on the beginners servers if 'noob tubes' were banned from play.

Like to see everyone else's opinion on this subject; reasons both for and against them and any other thoughts on would could be done to make it better?

Not 100% sure if I'm allowed to make suggestions like this as I'm only a trial but hey-ho, I'm totally in favour of making the servers a more fun and enjoyable experience..

- vujanic

First of all, everybody is allowed to make suggestions and we appreciate them.

Now, the server's name is BEGINNERS, grenade launchers are often are, even you called it "noob tube", even if the server is not for beginners only I think its the best to minimalize the banned perks and let the real beginners choose almost any weapon they like.

http://fearless-assa...enade-launcher/

I already started a topic about that but hey, too much discussion about banning grenade launcher in hardcore is never a bad thing :P

My bad, didn't realise there was a suggestions page so didn't check for another thread! More chance of the issues being raised having a chance now though eh?

Now, the server's name is BEGINNERS, grenade launchers are often are, even you called it "noob tube", even if the server is not for beginners only I think its the best to minimalize the banned perks and let the real beginners choose almost any weapon they like.

And I see where you're coming from, but if we were to follow that then surely nothing on the server should be banned? Definitely not suggesting that everything should be unbanned though haha! :D

Then why is marty not allowed?

• Like 1

Then why is marty not allowed?

Marty is an exception, as far as I know everyone agreed that its annoying. Considering there is no sign of grenades on a hardcore server it would be even more annoying.

Allthough I've played Beginners a few times it is not my favorite server simply because of the noob tubes. My thought on it though is that it is the "Beginners" server and known for allowing the noob tube. So when I go there I know to expect this perk being used. I feel if this perk is removed you'll lose a lot of regulars to the server since they simply like having this perk.

If I recall Beginners is a US server and is a 1.7 hardcore. All of this fits my needs and I would visit it more if the tubs were not allowed. However this isn't that big of a deal to me as I have Abnerdogs hardcore, but in without tubes and in 1.6.

i feel like it should be left alone, because we have a server that does not allow grenade launcher, abnerdog. It may be considered nooby, and can get annoying when over-spammed, but we should keep it up because it attracts more players for one, and two that new players would feel more welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

i feel like it should be left alone, because we have a server that does not allow grenade launcher, abnerdog. It may be considered nooby, and can get annoying when over-spammed, but we should keep it up because it attracts more players for one, and two that new players would feel more welcome.

Regarding the loss of players, which wouldn't be many, I'm fairly sure you'd attract more, knowing that the use of grenade launcher isn't allowed.. Many players hate it!

• Like 1

Regarding the loss of players, which wouldn't be many, I'm fairly sure you'd attract more, knowing that the use of grenade launcher isn't allowed.. Many players hate it!

and many playersnlove it, this is a topic that can be thrown back and forth for ages... and im actually pretty sure we would lose players if we ban it, personally when i get mad about tubes i just go apeshit with the tube myself...+we have a tube free server too

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that anyone who has played CoD 4 has played against grenade launchers, and (in my opinion, of course) anyone who isn't using a grenade launcher AT THE MOMENT thinks they are noobish and annoying, but anyone who IS using them AT THE MOMENT thinks that it is a legit strategy and is able to get many kills. Same with camping and marty, for that matter. Anyone likes getting kills, but no one likes being killed, which is the trade off (in this case).

Personally, I support your idea to ban GL's on the BEGINNERS server, not because they are "nooby," but because people get false senses of pride and skill level from them (ego boosts FTW).

• Like 1

No. Don't like them...play on another server.

I use GL's to piss off wannabe pros that come to rape newbs. Want to rape newbs? Deal with getting blasted by my GL. Same goes for people that constantly stack teams... It's funny to watch them cry when I screw their rating.

How is using GL any different than some promod player with 90% acc getting 20 kill streaks or taking out groups of 5 at a time because they can play twitchy? Not everyone has a 16 year old's reflexes. Nor do I find it very 'skillful' to come to a more newb friendly server and rape people who are still learning. Talk about false ego boosts.

• Like 1