Computer freezes in normal mode!

Castiel**

Hey everyone, here's what happens to my damn computer -

I use Windows 7 Ultimate. Day before yesterday, I switched on my computer and saw that it was not opening in normal mode. Everything looks good at the start and then, when the 4 colors, logo of windows comes together, the problem starts! Its just freezes in black screen after that. Help would be greatly appreciated. I can't play any games now :(. I have to run windows in safe mode with networking. And I never had this problem before.

Thanks.

~Cass!

Edited by Castiel

Ummm, well, don't laugh at me, but I don't have a CD drive lol. I had one until I moved and the drive got damaged beyond repairs lol. I still haven't bought one since I don't use it much. Anything else that can help me with this?!

~Cass!

Go in safe mode to control panel /system and security/Restore your computer to an earlier time /Open system restore and run that to a earlier date hope that fix your problem (it usually does).

Possibly use a USB with windows on it? Not sure if that is possible.

Dunno if that might work!

Go in safe mode to control panel /system and security/Restore your computer to an earlier time /Open system restore and run that to a earlier date hope that fix your problem (it usually does).

Yeah, I have already tried that, but no luck. :(

~Cass!

PS: I dunno what I did, but since this happened, I did something random & it had worked twice. I'm hammering my brain on thinking what I had done!

Hmm some google search returned me that : http://www.tweaking....all_in_one.html

Not sure about the quality of this program but that could work.

PS: do some research on what options to use before running anything.

Edited by QuoVadiS

QuoVadis answer should help you out. But when is doesnt, try to google a bit for a program that restores your windows startup files. Seems like they are missing or incorrect.

As for the usb repair, check your bios if usb support is enabled when starting your comp.

There may be certain drivers that the mouse is attempting to load, and fails.

It may be that Windows did not install a compatible version of the driver that came with your mouse (if it had one).

Try starting up your PC without the mouse plugged in. Try starting up in Safe Mode and uninstall everything regarding the mouse, and reboot normally to see if the system still hangs.

What kind of mouse did you buy? Have other people reported this issue online anywhere after using this exact same mouse?

Have you tried plugging the mouse into a different USB port, if it uses USB?

I dont think so. Imo you probably did not close your pc properly.

I use Shut Down, to close my computer, then switch it off. However, when the computer crashes, I just switch it off cause I can't do anything else. And also, power cuts. When the power is cut, I just switch it off again.

There may be certain drivers that the mouse is attempting to load, and fails.

It may be that Windows did not install a compatible version of the driver that came with your mouse (if it had one).

Try starting up your PC without the mouse plugged in. Try starting up in Safe Mode and uninstall everything regarding the mouse, and reboot normally to see if the system still hangs.

What kind of mouse did you buy? Have other people reported this issue online anywhere after using this exact same mouse?

Have you tried plugging the mouse into a different USB port, if it uses USB?

Hmmmm, maybe. No, my mouse didn't have a compatible version. I just plugged it in. And no, didn't work. It still hangs with the mouse unplugged. I don't think I have anything regarding the mouse installed. I have a Frontech mouse [Model JIL-3715, DPI 1000]. I dunno if other people have reported about this with the same mouse. Yeah, I have tried plugging the mouse into different USB ports too. No luck :(.

~Cass!

PS: I'm in Normal mode right now. No idea how I got here again. I installed & done everything from the website QuoVadis gave me. I dunno if that what helped me! But it took me 3 tries to get into Normal Mode. I also downloaded MalwareBytes and scanned my computer again. However, I'm still in Normal mode! Too scared to Shut Down the computer lol. Thanks for all your help. I might still need your help if it happens again when I restart.

Edited by Castiel