Recommendation for new wireless router

Corey

Right now I am using the Netgear WNR3500L but I believe it is dying on me. The direct connection to my desktop works great, but lately i haven't been picking up my wireless network on my ipod or phone. I have to go and restart it to get it working again which is getting annoying.

This is the second wireless router i have had from netgear that has started to fail me so I believe it is time to look in another direction.

Does anyone recommend a particular brand or model?

I would recommend a Linksys router. I have the Cisco-Linksys E4200, it is awesome. It also supports 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz range, so if your computer also supports the 5Ghz range, you can possibly get a better connection. Since most wireless devices us 2.4Ghz, they can get in the way of the router's signal.

My Cisco-Linksys E4200 review

Mine is currently about 1 year old and I haven't had any serious problems. Besides the fact it can get hot like any other router. So I added a fan to it.

Add a Fan to the E4200

Edited by ajnl

hmmm if i were to buy it from the store it would cost me $150 but its on amazon for $104 right now... i was kinda leaning towards the E3200N since it was cheaper and seemed to be pretty close to the same specs.

keep the recommendations coming :P

Edited by Corey

I have a router/cable modem combo, its the Motorola SBG 6580 or something like that. Has worked fine for what I do. I run two phones, two laptops streaming/playing games, an IP camera, my hardwire PC, and a wireless printer as well as a network harddrive and still get 32mnps down and 12 up.

Search for a brand called engenius :) we use it in company it go like 1 mile .

lol 1 mile. That would be pretty awesome, but maybe a bit overkill :P