Stopwatch on Hardcore

Aigle

Votemod + Stopwatch gametype on Hardcore  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to try the new gametype Votemod (currently on the server) + Stopwatch on Hardcore server for 1 week?

• Yes
    • No

When playing pub I like cycling through different maps, and I feel most think the Same way.

But I have the best idea ever. On the map voting could you configure a stopwatch vote to play the map over with the clock set smile.gif that would be so baller.

This isn't exactly what my mod is suppose to do?

Or you mean we add another button that would allow a vote for stopwatch at the same time? If yes, I think it's do-able by adding a new button which would send a "client" command trapped by a lua module on the map you are choosing and then it just calculate the votes and end up to load my mod or not.

So we should do the same way we have in the buttons, except we had another row at the right of it adding 1: VOTE + STOPWATCH, 2: VOTE + STOPWATCH, ... This can be done with some hours of coding and implementing but you really want me to code it, I want to make sure you want it and won't stop using it after 5 days because it would take me almost a day to be sure everything is fine and that there is no bugs.

This isn't exactly what my mod is suppose to do?

Or you mean we add another button that would allow a vote for stopwatch at the same time? If yes, I think it's do-able by adding a new button which would send a "client" command trapped by a lua module on the map you are choosing and then it just calculate the votes and end up to load my mod or not.

So we should do the same way we have in the buttons, except we had another row at the right of it adding 1: VOTE + STOPWATCH, 2: VOTE + STOPWATCH, ... This can be done with some hours of coding and implementing but you really want me to code it, I want to make sure you want it and won't stop using it after 5 days because it would take me almost a day to be sure everything is fine and that there is no bugs.

I mean have the option to play the previous map a second time, by voting for it during the map voting process (as a map labeled stopwatch?) after the map while displaying the other map choices. The feature would have to know that the map was played so you would not play it a third time, and it would have to disable stopwatch before loading the next map. It would be fun to be able to vote for SW after an intense game, but without having to play a full rotation of SW.

yo u ballin so hard u roll with 1tb of ssd is raid 0 balling str8 up pc hood crippin

Yo check it, so I cruise down to XS forums and see this intel "December" deal for a intel ssd for reggie street prices.

I call my b*** that works at tha shack to register fo with intel 4 me. 80gb SSD coming to a hood near me sucka.

*Busts into c-walk*

I mean have the option to play the previous map a second time, by voting for it during the map voting process (as a map labeled stopwatch?) after the map while displaying the other map choices. The feature would have to know that the map was played so you would not play it a third time, and it would have to disable stopwatch before loading the next map. It would be fun to be able to vote for SW after an intense game, but without having to play a full rotation of SW.

Ok this would be hard to do. My way to do it would be easier. Before playing the map, you vote for the map as stopwatch or single objective then you play the map as you voted it. If we do it the way you explained, I would need to modify the etpub mod which is something I'm trying to not do. With my way, we can do it by modifying the menu and adding a lua mod.

I disagree with the idea of making Hardcore stopwatch. The settings are no where near an etprpo scrim server settings for SW. Also SW mode is a diff gametype and switching gametypes causes isues with a server because the server has to restart when loading a new gametype from a diff gametype.

I already have a server set up just like etpro on 55 that runs etpub 0.9.0 and it is currently in SW mode and each map has settings, map times the same as those fo a 6v6 config for league play. For those members that wish to play there contact me via xfire, ingame or pm and I will set them up with lvls there to help monitor the server. This server is owned by my partner Wreck, but I believe we can change the name to F|A if we start getting more traffic. This will add another etpub server to F|A on 55 that will be a SW mode etpub server nearly identical to etpro for those members that like this type of gameplay.

Server name: ~Thor's Wrecking Crew

Server ip: 68.232.169.106:27960

Server location: Chicago

Changing the Hardcore server is a bad idea in my opinion. I do suggest turning Vote_Allow_FriendlyFire to 0 however as the Hardcore server should be permanently set to FF only! The option to vote ff off should not even be present on this server in my opinion, it does very well with ff on and most players have gotten used to it being on by now.

Yeah your way doesn't sound bad aigle. But I'm kinda partial to 1way maps. If someone voted sw for oasis or grush it would be kinda rediculous playing a 30min map. HC stays full, I'd be weary of changing it.

• Administrators

I do suggest turning Vote_Allow_FriendlyFire to 0 however as the Hardcore server should be permanently set to FF only!

Should be done by tonight and will add new updated LUA.

PS Thanks for the SW server :)

I disagree with the idea of making Hardcore stopwatch. The settings are no where near an etprpo scrim server settings for SW. Also SW mode is a diff gametype and switching gametypes causes isues with a server because the server has to restart when loading a new gametype from a diff gametype.

You are wrong about the changes for different gametypes. It's just that you never used my mod. My votemod + stopwatch is perfect. It perfectly combine the votemod that we have on the server and add a second round to each map we play. Now for the 30 minutes map on goldrush and oasis, I completely agree that those maps would be too long to play. So I guess the idea of voting for the map stopwatch or single obj would maybe be a good thing. However nobody else then Tulsa seems interested so I'll not spend one day on coding this.

• 4 weeks later...