How can i make my computer faster?

AznRenz274

I got a hp pavilion dm4 1160us

Processor Name: Intel Core i5-450M Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Operating System: Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium RAM: 4 GB Weight: 4.4 lb Screen Size: 14 inches Screen Size Type: Widescreen Native Resolution: 1366 x 768 Graphics Card: Intel GMA HD Graphics Memory: 64 Storage Capacity: 500 GB

Rotation Speed: 7200 rpm

How can i make this run faster for COD4 and other games like combat arms Edit:And lower ram usage

http://combatarms.nexon.net/

Edited by AznRenz274
  • Like 1

You are going to be limited to changing graphics settings to a lower quality. There are low graphics configs available for COD4 that you can use. The integrated intel graphics is terrible for gaming. It is the bare minimum for displaying graphics. Also make sure that you do not have unnecessary stuff running in the backgroup like your antivirus.

Edited by TulsaGeoff

You are going to be limited to changing graphics settings to a lower quality. There are low graphics configs available for COD4 that you can use. The integrated intel graphics is terrible for gaming. It is the bare minimum for displaying graphics. Also make sure that you do not have unnecessary stuff running in the backgroup like your antivirus.

but dont i need it?

You can right click and disable it before you start gaming. Just enable it after. Also, in your intel graphics menu you should be able to set the device to performance mode and increase the amount of ram dedicated to graphics. Right click on your desktop and you should be able to figure out where it is.

Edited by TulsaGeoff

You can right click and disable it before you start gaming. Just enable it after. Also, in your intel graphics menu you should be able to set the device to performance mode and increase the amount of ram dedicated to graphics. Right click on your desktop and you should be able to figure out where it is.

the power plan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT9IVBifSgs&feature=plcp watch it and tell me what to do

I don'T know explicite what you mean... but a few programms could be help..

CC-Cleaner, tuneUp or Gamebooster for example..

Next point: Autostart.. Close all programms you don't need...

Gamebooster will do this for you befor starting game..

Tune UP will optimized your PC for best perfomance..

CC-CLeaner will delete all files that doesn't have any function..

Hope it helps a little bit

greetz Koka

Your memory should be sufficient for gaming (as long as you don't run 4 games at the same time and stuff like that). Decreasing memory usage is not necessary for increasing the game performance. Your CPU runs quite nice as well, you can kill some useless applications but that's only necessary if you use the plain HP image given with your desktop; if you installed it yourself (including drivers) it's won't be a problem. If you still use the HP image, get rid of it. Last, the GPU is the bottleneck of the system. In the Intel Graphics and Media Control pannel, go to "Power" and set it on "Maximum performance" (although I use balance), and for "3D" set it on "performance" rather than Quality or balanced (although I use balance).

Just buy a graphic card and you will pawn . No matter what you do the intell hd wont be sufficient graffic card dont have to cost that mutch . Check if you have a free pci e lock on your motherboard

.You coold try overclock a bit press tab delete after starting up computer and try to locate how high your baseclock is .Increase the baseclock about 5 procent thats for most computers no problem .

I don'T know explicite what you mean... but a few programms could be help..

CC-Cleaner, tuneUp or Gamebooster for example..

Next point: Autostart.. Close all programms you don't need...

Gamebooster will do this for you befor starting game..

Tune UP will optimized your PC for best perfomance..

CC-CLeaner will delete all files that doesn't have any function..

Hope it helps a little bit

greetz Koka

i have ccleaner and i have auslogics that will do tune ups and i heard gamebooster does nothing

Just buy a graphic card and you will pawn . No matter what you do the intell hd wont be sufficient graffic card dont have to cost that mutch . Check if you have a free pci e lock on your motherboard

.You coold try overclock a bit press tab delete after starting up computer and try to locate how high your baseclock is .Increase the baseclock about 5 procent thats for most computers no problem .

umm its a laptop.i have to take the whole thing apart

Your memory should be sufficient for gaming (as long as you don't run 4 games at the same time and stuff like that). Decreasing memory usage is not necessary for increasing the game performance. Your CPU runs quite nice as well, you can kill some useless applications but that's only necessary if you use the plain HP image given with your desktop; if you installed it yourself (including drivers) it's won't be a problem. If you still use the HP image, get rid of it. Last, the GPU is the bottleneck of the system. In the Intel Graphics and Media Control pannel, go to "Power" and set it on "Maximum performance" (although I use balance), and for "3D" set it on "performance" rather than Quality or balanced (although I use balance).

i have it on balanced cause everything is blurry when set on performance

I got a hp pavilion dm4 1160us

Processor Name: Intel Core i5-450M Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Operating System: Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium RAM: 4 GB Weight: 4.4 lb Screen Size: 14 inches Screen Size Type: Widescreen Native Resolution: 1366 x 768 Graphics Card: Intel GMA HD Graphics Memory: 64 Storage Capacity: 500 GB

Rotation Speed: 7200 rpm

How can i make this run faster for COD4 and other games like combat arms Edit:And lower ram usage

http://combatarms.nexon.net/

how do i enable turbo boost?is there a way?