maybe i'm a noob, but...

MoonSpell

hi everyone.

i really like playing on F!A servers, especially in the jaymod one. i've been playing for months in these servers and now i consider myself a good player, especially as a covert ops.

bue there are some questions that i've always wanted to ask.

i know very little of w:et, really, i learned to write personal messages only 2 months ago :lol:

there are some players that kills me constantly, and i've always thought that they were much better than me, and i had to show some respect to them.

casually i was playing against a couple of them when suddenly i wanted to roll a joint. i put myself into the spectators list and i started to watch them playing.

something catched my eye: these great players never get fatigued! it didn't matter if they were running and jumping or whatever, they just never get fatigued!

the second thing that catched my eye was the most important: they killed everyone without aiming. or better: when i use my thompson/mp40 my crosshair must be perfectly allineated to my aim if i want to hit him... in their case it didn't matter whether their crosshair was allineated or not with the aim: every shot of their thompson/mp40 hitted the spot even if the aim was incorrect.

so my questions are quite simple: why? is it legal to play this way?

i'm sorry if you all know about this kinda things, but as i've said i'm a noob and i gotta learn

thank you all

First off jaymod servers from what I've seen are laggy so that would explain to a point the aiming, the no fatigue was prly due to them using adrenaline, the rest well you either got some rly good or bump weed :blink:

when you spec someone. you can't see their energy bar. it will view to you as completely full. even when they actually have none.

lag could have to do with the aiming, but its more likely the ping.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

i think players with a good difference in ping actually see things at different times. i've noticed that when i take a demo, and then view it, my hits usually behind the person. i'm guessing thats because i'm viewing the demo as if my ping was now 0 so the characters are ahead of what they were when i was actually playing. or something like that. so if you have a high ping, and spec someone with a low ping, it will look to you that their aim is ahead of the person and completely off, but for them it may look like they are dead on. just like if a low ping specs a high ping it looks like they are shooting a good distance behind the person.

MoonSpell I've had the same observation many times when speccing people. I always assumed I was just watching an undetectable private hack of some variety. I used to get annoyed by it. But timenudge, packet toggling, config scripts, prediction errors, and plain-old lag explain these effects in most cases. I think it is often deliberately caused though.

Good question.

• 3 weeks later...

players never get fatigued! it didn't matter if they were running and jumping or whatever, they just never get fatigued!

the second thing that catched my eye was the most important: they killed everyone without aiming. or better: when i use my thompson/mp40 my crosshair must be perfectly allineated to my aim if i want to hit him... in their case it didn't matter whether their crosshair was allineated or not with the aim: every shot of their thompson/mp40 hitted the spot even if the aim was incorrect.

so my questions are quite simple: why? is it legal to play this way?

i'm sorry if you all know about this kinda things, but as i've said i'm a noob and i gotta learn

thank you all

I always wondered about the cross hair thing. Like sometimes when specing the bullets would just go straight out of the cross hair zone and hit the target even though the cross hair isn't alligned. Maybe its lag? I have no clue but its probably some sort of lag because I see it all the time whenever specing