Help me buy a new mouse!

Chuckun

Ok I need a new mouse.. I'm afraid my Roppy Mouse (named after =F|A=Rop who was so kind as to buy it for me when I was in need <3) is starting to glitch a lot..

This is the one I have right now:

711XvxwE%2BjL._AA1500_.jpg

I like that shape (or similar), so try to stick to mice with that typical 'gaming mouse' shape.. I don't like the 'pebble' shaped ones.. xD

Requirements:

- Shape as above

- 'Forward' and 'Back' buttons on the left of the mouse (also in picture above) - preferably fairly central as in the picture.

- USB (I always used wireless because its easier with my laptop but im getting sick of performance issues - if there are good wireless ones by all means suggest it but I think I should use wired)

- Price: Maximum £30 / $50 / €40 - cant spend more than that.

I'm not at all bothered about a 'rapid fire' button or anything - I just want a decent mouse with a good pickup and minimal negative accel etc..

Thanks for any help!!

Chuckun

Edited by Chuckun

I will soon have to buy a new mouse too.

The gum from the wheel is drying off, the wheel's censor is barely working itself and the cable is semi destroyed, i hear the USB connection sound every 3 min.

But guess, what I will buy one of the exact same one and thats the advice I can give you.

logitech g400

I switch my razer mamba (which my mom uses now for patience/solitaire) for it again.

I just love that mouse :P (4th one I use atm, I tend to f*** up my gear a lot. Luckily it isn't that expensive)

wireless no idea, I hate wireless mice/mouses => pick correct on or correct me XD

ps. chuckun I still have that car mouse if you want I send it to you :P

Edited by DrJoske
  • Like 2

logitech g400

I switch my razer mamba (which my mom uses now for patience/solitaire) for it again.

I just love that mouse :P (4th one I use atm, I tend to f*** up my gear a lot. Luckily it isn't that expensive

wireless no idea, I hate wireless mice/mouses => pick correct on or correct me XD

ps. chuckun I still have that car mouse if you want I send it to you :P

LOL XD <3

I have been looking at the G400 but it's just a bit too long-pebble-like for me :P

I'm considering the Gigabyte M6900.. Is that any good? Reviews seem pretty good on it and it's only £20..

LOL XD <3

I have been looking at the G400 but it's just a bit too long-pebble-like for me :P

I'm considering the Gigabyte M6900.. Is that any good? Reviews seem pretty good on it and it's only £20..

Dunno, I tend to stay away from gigabyte as much as I can.

Got in the past some really bad experience with it (with a mobo which is complete other branch, but I don't trust the brand anymore)

Wow that's cheap! Is this what you used / Have you used it? Would like to know if it is actually good..

EDIT - @Joske I 'blacklist' brands like that too xD Even though mobos and mice will be in no way linked in terms of quality, I tend to do the same as you :P

Edited by Chuckun

Logitech G9x is my current mouse, and I love it. It's a little pricey @ $75 USD, but they offer a COD version for $60

Links:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104627&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

Quick specs:

LASER

Adjustable weight system.

CORDED (no BS batteries to worry about)

2 handgrips to choose from (both included)

Fully adjustable from 200-5700dpi (comes in handy for different games, adjustments can be made with 1 click)

Fully customizable color selection for the LED

New post.

I offered to donate a few bucks so Chuck can upgrade his mouse budget.. Chuck denied it.

But since when am I going to listen when someone tells me no to helping?

Anyone else up to donate a few dollars so Chuck can upgrade a bit and get something he'll be happier with?

I'll donate $20USD.

i bought a RAT 3 about 2 months ago and I really like it. I wanted the RAT 5 or RAT 7 but I was short on $$ so bought the less expensive one. It has been a great mouse.

Logitech g500, fits my hand comfortably and its the best mouse I have had. Can put weights in it and stuff like that, change x and y sens, pretty good for its price.

I'm pretty much settled on the G9X.. Anti has great taste..

I had considered the G500 but I use the forward/back buttons a LOT, and they're my 'use' and 'reload' buttons in ET.. So I really can't afford to have a third button sitting there waiting to f*ck me over all the time :P - tl/dr, I dont like the three sidebuttons..

As for the R.A.T mice.. I really cant see me using one.. They look WAY too robotic for me.. Awesome, but not for me :P

As for Anti's last post, please ignore him.. I could get the CoD:MW3 G9X for £8 over-budget.. Which is still almost 30% overbudget but hopefully I can force myself to do it. lol

Edited by Chuckun

i bought a RAT 3 about 2 months ago and I really like it. I wanted the RAT 5 or RAT 7 but I was short on $$ so bought the less expensive one. It has been a great mouse.

I own the Rat 7 and after 3 days and $100 bucks (never bothered to return it unfortunately) it sits in my computer junk closet. When I play I like to raise my mouse off the pad to do quick turns etc.. This mouse cannot do this, as soon as it leaves the pad it goes crazy! doing 360's jumping up and down. Now I am kicking but with my cheapo G400 I got from newegg, unfortunately its no longer on sale, I got it for $24 bucks or so free shipping a couple of months back.