Curious.

Kiirby

Question

Hi there F|A members! ;p

This doesn't really relate to the forums, but there is no other place I could think of putting it, buuut

What is the point of having vent and questioning the fact if someone has vent? I've only seen a few people on at any given time, and when they are on its like two people in the ET part of it.

I'm not hating or anything I'd love to see more people get on vent.

I just don't see the point of questioning people if they have vent if no one is ever on.

Also throughout the clans history was there one point in time where vent was always full and some how just died out?

I'm just curious. I'd love to have some links or maybe one of the leader(s) could tell me more about the history of the clan? :D

-Kiirby

Well.... I have vent, but don't use it hardly at all. I have always had an issue with a bad echo in my earphones and have never been able to get it fixed. I also have trouble concentrating on the game while hearing people talk. Another is I am not so good at speaking smoothly. I hesitate alot and am embarrassed by it. It is easier for me to get a point across by typing, which is why I use xfire all the time.

I know some members have various reasons for not being on (English is not their 1st language, they are shy, etc.), but those are mine.

As far as history.... are you asking about clan history about specifically vent (or team speak) use.... I am not familiar with it.

But if your history question is about the clan in general, this is a good topic that will let you edited.... Sorry ..... Hard to see on mobile version that link is in private section.

Edited by docwarren

Ah! Yeah I'm shy when I talk over vent/teamspeak, but I like hearing others talk. I don't know its weird I guess. ;p

I was asking about the clan history in general. I thought I might as well ask two questions on the same thread. ;p

Its not letting me edit my last post, but I can't see that thread. It must be in the vip section. :/

Edited by Chuckun
Removed quotes with private link

I edited my post but if someone could remove the link in the quoted stuff.

Sorry..... hard to see that it was a private section link when using mobile version.

Will post a link here in a minute that isn't from private section.

This one should work. http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/3609-happy-birthday-fearless-assassins/

Edited by docwarren
  • Like 1

I don't prefer Vent, because of the push to talk. As well I don't prefer talking because my mic jack or something with my mics is messed up and the majority of time on vent is complaining from others about my mic. Also it seems that the majority of people who talk on Vent are playing ridiculous clips or talking immature crapola. So in an effort to keep mysself sane I don't partake in such things. :P

I have tried vent, like Doc says there is a terrible echo. I had also two bad adventures with in game chat with people who drank to much, and kids who constantly run their mouth during competition. Guess that's why I haven't been competitive with any game anymore. The volume for any game I play is turned off and my music is cranked.

Hmm, I remember it being quite populated. A bunch in ET and cod4 people until probably a little over a year ago. Some others created alternative voice chat servers which drove people away from F|A's main vent server I believe.

Meh, Thats dumb. ;/ Like I said a few post up, I'm usually shy when I talk over the interwebz it just feels strange, but I like hearing other people talk that are in the same server as me. I don't know why. ;p

I edited my post but if someone could remove the link in the quoted stuff.

Sorry..... hard to see that it was a private section link when using mobile version.

Will post a link here in a minute that isn't from private section.

This one should work. http://fearless-assa...less-assassins/

Wow, Daredevil, Rainier and Joe made a great work! ;D

Thank you for creating our community ;DD

• Like 1

Wow, Daredevil, Rainier and Joe made a great work! ;D

Thank you for creating our community ;DD

I agree! It was a great article about the history. I'm pretty shocked at how they did it and from the looks of it, it basically happened over night!

• Like 1

Basic question is unanswered.. "What is the point of having vent and questioning the fact if someone has vent?" The only thing which i found ..

If you use vent on regular basis you have better chance since all members can talk to you in real time.

Whats the point in vent?

- talking with other members, getting to know the community better

- Uncasid and I use it when playing cod4 (like i said b4) that way when we are on the same team we can work together.

- makes communication quicker and easier

- it is fun :P

- it can speed up the process for applications and trial members

Edited by ajnl