Nom nom nom, Raspberry PI.

Novice

I received my Raspberry PI today, as promised here are a few unboxing pics of it. I am planning to use it in my car if all goes well, for now just going to thinker with it and start learning how to code in Python with it, run a web server, or home media PC until I can get all the components for the car which might take a bit. I'm on my way to pick-up the SDCARD I bought for it from my parents house and mess with it a bit now, will post other pics later on. Came just in time to run Raspbian. Welcoming any other Ideas what to do with it? Enjoy.

vcvdS.jpg

nbHSW.jpg

YUMMY! SWEET BABY RAYS BBQ SAUCE(/PERIOD SAUCE!) IS SO GOOOOOOODD!!

YJv5b.jpg

fnIAM.jpg

pWjI5.png

Edited by Novice
  • Like 1

Nice :D

I just saw that I can start to buy one too now, since it isn't pre-order stuff etc. Shame it's gonna take 17 weeks :(

I'll gonna hit it with XBMC and place it behind my monitor. Perhaps I'll even get some console app on it for playing NES games :)

Nice :D

I just saw that I can start to buy one too now, since it isn't pre-order stuff etc. Shame it's gonna take 17 weeks :(

I'll gonna hit it with XBMC and place it behind my monitor. Perhaps I'll even get some console app on it for playing NES games :)

I would not be surprised to see it integrated within TVs in the near future.

I would not be surprised to see it integrated within TVs in the near future.

In most TV's something like this is already implemented. How do you think it works when you plug an USB stick in with video, or Net TV, or...? And all of TV's these days run some sort of Linux for that.

The only thing they don't allow is new applications (yet!) or direct access to the commandline (probably never). And that's the beauty of ductaping that raspberry to the back of your tv :)

In most TV's something like this is already implemented. How do you think it works when you plug an USB stick in with video, or Net TV, or...? And all of TV's these days run some sort of Linux for that.

The only thing they don't allow is new applications (yet!) or direct access to the commandline (probably never). And that's the beauty of ductaping that raspberry to the back of your tv :)

yes, I know this. But what they do have is crap. I cant even Browse the internet on my Samsung, and the "apps" that they do have for the TV are as close to useless as... well they are really pretty much useless... But you are right a piece of Pi stuck to the back of your TV is pretty cool.