Leap Motion gesture controller

wurstcola

I found this today and I am wondering what you think of it:

as far as I understand it's something like the Kinect only way more precisely. I havent' found any system requirements, but right now you can pre-order this thing for 69$ plus shipping, which seems to be a kindo no-brainer.

So.What do you think?

Worth the money?

Maybe just crap?

Awesome?

I'm really curious how they do that at 0.57, how they figure out what the heck your fingers are doing in 3D. Nice work though :) Also, good news that they'll work with Windows 8 native according to their website http://leapmotion.com/

Might be buying one in a couple of months just because it's awesome :P

well atm how they do it for the FPS games looks annoying.

Also, it seems worthless to write like that.

But manipulating stuff on your screen like 3d images, websites, programs, that looks cool.

• 5 weeks later...

I was thinking about pre-ordering one but then realised how weird I would look using it,

as I take my laptop out often.

Good concept, not sure if it'll ship out in time as the current prototype looks nothing like as advertised.

Looks cool but not sure if it would be more efficient than our current user interfaces. Would be exhausting to hold my arm up like that for a 4 hour COD session!

Looks cool but not sure if it would be more efficient than our current user interfaces. Would be exhausting to hold my arm up like that for a 4 hour COD session!

I think certain things will be quicker/easier. Plus it'll be fun to mess around with. Meh might be a work out at the same time ;)

Terrible for FPS, but it may have its uses

Yeah I agree, can't wait to test it out, to see where it could benefit and where it doesn't help at all.