Heavy Weapon Limit Usage?

GIJOE

Hey all hope summer is allowing you to enjoy some free time.

I wanted to ask again what the limit is for Heavy Weapon Usage.

Recently there have been many players trying to hang on to the Panzer for 3, 5, 6 maps.

I did a search on the rules and couldnt find anything, Many of the FA members on are not sure and we do ask the member to share after awhile but want to make sure I know what the FA rules are?

Thanks

Hey,

we recently had a long discussion in our private forum section on this subejct. You should be able to access that.

For others, who don't see the private section:

We admins try to regulate heavy weapons usage to 1-2 maps maximum per player. We then will ask the specific person to change weapons / class.

think he wants to know how many consecutive maps we allow people to monopolize the heavy weapons...like shut_up and his ridiculous k/d from panzer whoring all day ;)

• Like 1

Its not that big of a deal to me, but I can see where it gets annoying. Usually if its a team-oriented game, the heavy weapons are a big plus. Hard to get panzer or flamer these days though. Not that I care THAT much.

heavy weapons are a part of this game.and yes its annoying when a player with a huge xp score cant get you in a fight with his mp40/thompson and then switches to panzer and takes you out :( . Only thing that would be nice is that panzer cant be used anymore for players with more then 50,000 xp . Just a suggestion.

ExC

Edited by ExCaL
  • Like 1

IMO allow xp for them for ranks 1 and 4 (possibly slow the recharge time but allow rank 1), but disallow ranks 2,3 (the ones that make the panzer so ridiculously overpowered). If you take away the ability to run with panzer then bitches won't be such whores with a panz in hand 100% the map. Force them to use some bullets for once. Then take away the ability for them to get the shot off in half a second so they can't do that midfight switch / pussy suicide. No weapon should be brainless and the panz atm is. I get killed by more panzers a map by one single person (even if they are terrible) than all bullet deaths combined... and most the time I can beat down the guy with a single pistol while they rock an smg. In fact just last night loco (and shut_up in the past have) rocked an amazing 10% acc with bullets and 50 acc with panzer which is absolutely pathetic, but he went like 22-8 cause he can shoot that panzer every 5 secs and clear an entire room 20 feet big. His shot will land on another side of a room and kill full hp people. And for these guys to rock the weapon 10 maps consecutively is even worse.

It's too hard to monitor these situations cause high enough admins aren't on the servers 24/7 to keep up with it, and they shouldn't have to be. Some slight tweaks may be able to dampen the panzer whore situation though, just a consideration because for anyone who doesn't play on the silent/hardcore servers, panzers are by far the most unbalanced thing about the server ahead of flak jacket engies that can headbutt a nade and live. In fact the panzer is the ONLY weapon that can kill through flak because it does such a retarded high amount of dmg and has such a big blast radius.

-I'm fully expecting to be marked for flame and told if you don't like it play somewhere else replies. And tbh I really do enjoy the servers enough to stick around and play through those frustrating moments just to get some frags but all one can do is hope for change as I've seen it happen slightly over the years playing here.

Also plz no replies saying "well how deadly you think a panzer is IRL".... well no shit, how many people can take 4 bullets to the head or 10 to the body and live. Take a nade to the face and brush it off, or run around with a rocket launcher over their shoulder and shoot it in a perfect straight line which doesn't happen, go watch some footage if you care that much and you will see that even if you take the proper stance and shoot the rocket isn't going to go in a laser pointer line, bullets don't even do that. The point is ET is a game and it was never meant to be realistic however games are more enjoyed with a sense of balance, not total lop-side to a single weapon that every person on the team would rather be but some hog has to abuse it map after map. These things can be adjusted to make the server more fun, and can be changed back if people really do despise it.

I'm simply saying this is something to think about and possibly discuss amongst your members because I know I'm not the only visitor to your server that really would like to see it nerfed some, not removed but some type of dampening to it's deadliness. I'll play here with w.e settings/rules you have because the F|A servers are truly the most fun around but please just think about making some tweaks to it to make the servers even better.