Windows 7 Mouse accel

G!NG3R420

So I bought a new laptop, and its running windows 7. I am not too fond of a new operating system but I will get used to it, once the kinks are worked out. I am trying to get rid of the mouse acceleration. I have already been into the "ease of access" options but the acceleration is still on and it pretty annoying. Anyone know how to fully remove it?

Also with the mouse, how do I adjust the dpi? With the speed of the mouse right now it takes like 2 inches for it to move from left screen to right.

Control Panel (in CLASSIC MODE - new one sucks) -> Mouse.

Or, simply search "Mouse" in the start menu and it should pop up as the first result :)

I think mouse accell = "Enhance Pointer Precision" (uncheck it) in the "Pointer Options" tab but I'm not sure.. The speed is also there.. No idea where you'd change the DPI of your mouse though, mine've always had a button if they do indeed have variable DPI.

Edited by Chuckun
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

i dont think u can change the dpi of your mouse but you can tweak your usb polling rates.

ussually is 125hz on all devices but you can tewak it up to 1000hz depending if your system can take it.

if you manage to do it. your mouse will feel alot more smoth. and your aim may became better.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106653

• Clan Friend

i dont think u can change the dpi of your mouse but you can tweak your usb polling rates.

ussually is 125hz on all devices but you can tewak it up to 1000hz depending if your system can take it.

if you manage to do it. your mouse will feel alot more smoth. and your aim may became better.

http://www.techpower...ad.php?t=106653

1000hz... cool... pity that ET reads your mouse position only every frame, now I wish I could reach 1000fps :P

I normally play from Linux (except when I play in etpro servers with tzac) so I play with /in_dgamouse 2 (Linux specific setting not implemented in Windows version of ET), that means I can never have accelerations of any kind.

On Windows, you could try maybe rinput? But I don't know if it's still usable, actually I've never used it myself so I'm not up to date, that is, I don't know if you can use it with tzac, or you get banned with a false positive.

With rinput you can change your windows mouse settings as you wish, but in ET you will use raw input from your mouse, i.e. full dpi and no acceleration of any kind, even if you have a high dpi mouse