New carbon bikey I made

Klinkerhoffen

That is awesome. A guy at my school is building a carbon bike as well. Designed it himself and is using our Composite Lab to make all the parts. Pretty dam sweet!

Did you build the frame? Anyways that is a super sweet ride. What is the final weight in lbs? 45 or 48 mph on flat ground blows my mind. I would think 30-35 mph would be closer to max speed.

Did you build the frame? Anyways that is a super sweet ride. What is the final weight in lbs? 45 or 48 mph on flat ground blows my mind. I would think 30-35 mph would be closer to max speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se3miYO-OSY theres one of my daft training clips, get to around 40mph on a much heavier bike with a 14t rear sprocket, the 11t is tinyyy.

The frame is a chopped up Claud Butler, I've a friend who makes carbon race car parts, i wont say for what company or he may get in bother, we remade the rear stays, shortened the frame from back to front, shifted the seat tube, made the forks and made it a whole lot more agressive and lighter. I tried the forks but they flex too much for my liking and thats not good, minus the crown race and headset insert , they come out at just under a kilo for both. The groupset on there is 105's which are going to be either changed over or chopped up and made a lot lot lighter with carbon parts, theyre far from heavy but not the lightest.

Its not bone shaking, light as a fart and ...perfect for me. It seems kinda weird when cornering though which has me concerned, likely down to the shortened frame and lack of weight, top heavy? Hard to describe but it gives that feel of when youve leant too far and its going to slide out from under you.