Help me building a PC

Moron4

So, for those who know, my computer had problems in april which caused me to be without a pc for 2 weeks (O god I was so lonely :P)

Well, now he's acting up again, same problem, and I don't know how long he will last. I'm not going to take any risks, paying for repair, to get the same problem, nah.

So, I figured i might as well build a new pc.

Well, not me a friend of my mom, who does it as a hobby ;)

Anyway, I thought you guys could give me advise with which parts i should choose for my PC.

The range for each piece is €120 (approximately $150, bit less)

Those who help get a free cookie:

2v2bh2c.jpg

Thankies in advance :3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easier if you give a budget for the whole pc :P

btw are you going to build it yourself or let in build (by shop => +50 euro or so XD)?

Give a budget for the whole PC. Since you could go cheaper on some of the parts that aren't rlly necessary for gaming and then pay more for other things like the video card.

I'd advice you to get a Solid State Drive for your operating system and a hard drive for everything else. But that also depends on your budget.

might wanna check out this article: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/build_pc_any_budget_three_builds_500_2000?page=0,0

I relied pretty heavily on their advice when I built my computer, and it turned out smokin' fast.

It's easier if you give a budget for the whole pc :P

btw are you going to build it yourself or let in build (by shop => +50 euro or so XD)?

friend will build it, he likes to that kinda thing, so no extra payment

and, well, thing is, mom is giving me 120 euros for each piece i'm going to use :D

Since i've got no idea how to build a computer, i also got no idea idea which parts i should buy (and have)

my knowledge goes as far as: - motherboard, - the box (or was it case, meh whatever :P), - graph card, - hard drive, - Ram and the operating system (i'd like to have windows 7)

Win7 Premium: 99 euros (250 for Professional and 290 euros for Ultimate)

Try to save on the motherboard and RAM, so then you can get a more expensive video card and CPU.

Win7 Premium: 99 euros (250 for Professional and 290 euros for Ultimate)

Try to save on the motherboard and RAM, so then you can get a more expensive video card and CPU.

Any ideas of which one i should take?

and win7 premium is pretty much what i had in mind :D

so 120/ part

basic parts:

- cpu (=> cost more then 120 euro)

-motherboard (can cost more, but also a lot less)

-ram (will cost less for sure :P)

-case (well you got cases between @ 30 euro - sky)

-video card (well, you can get a gpu for around 120 euro, the amd radeon hd 6850 for example)

-PSU (never save on that, I learned my lesson on that one :s, still beneath 120 euro)

-HDD/SDD (HDD are pretty expensive atm, but less expensive then couple of months ago: 1TB => 79.90euro and more, SDD are around 100euro for 128gb atm)

-Windows 7 (think premium will do the trick => cost see that other post, no idea I got my windows from school for free :P)

extra's

-dvd drive (well I consider this an extra, got myself an external one and none of my pc's got one, anyway 17euro for a dvd writer)

-Bluray drive (see above, but at a lot of money :P)

-sdd (see above)

-cardreader (those things are cheap less than 10euro, but I don't use it )

Just to make a point, getting yourself a budget will make it a lot easier for us to help XD

Edited by DrJoske

Well i've got this list of CPUs, as i understand AMD cpus are way cheaper (than intel cpus) for some reason, any reason why?

if it isn't anything serious i'll be buying an AMD cpu is instead of an intel (which i have now)

Oh and whats the diff between a quad-core and a six-core (obviously the number of cores, but what do they do?)

If the AMD is fine (six-core too) then i'd buy this cpu: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6100+Six-Core

Edited by Marar4

Well i've got this list of CPUs, as i understand AMD cpus are way cheaper (than intel cpus) for some reason, any reason why?

if it isn't anything serious i'll be buying an AMD cpu is instead of an intel (which i have now)

Oh and whats the diff between a quad-core and a six-core (obviously the number of cores, but what do they do?)

If the AMD is fine (six-core too) then i'd buy this cpu: http://www.cpubenchm...X-6100 Six-Core

AMD is totally fine!!!

!butIntelisBetterSuit on

I guess you will be using the pc for gaming and general (surfing the web and stuff )use

Then amd will do the trick great, no need for intel then...

The only thing you have to be sure of is that the cpu won't bottleneck the gpu in-game.

But that won't be the problem in your case.

If you go for that cpu, which won't be a bad choice..

You need to look for a motherboard with a socket am3+

Edited by DrJoske

AMD is totally fine!!!

!butIntelisBetterSuit on

I guess you will be using the pc for gaming and general (surfing the web and stuff use)

Then amd will do the trick great, no need for intel then...

The only thing you have to be sure of is that the cpu won't bottleneck the gpu in-game.

But that won't be the problem in your case.

If you go for that cpu, which won't be a bad choice..

You need to look for a motherboard with a socket am3+

so socket am3+, got it, thanks! <3

oh, btw i like that radeon 6850 HD, is there any big diff between radeon and nvidia (nvidia is hella expensive sometimes :P)

and for you:

2v2bh2c.jpg

Here you go :)

EDIT: am3 = am3+, because when I search am3+, I just find am3 (i take am3+ meant am3 and better?)

Edited by Marar4

so socket am3+, got it, thanks! <3

oh, btw i like that radeon 6850 HD, is there any big diff between radeon and nvidia (nvidia is hella expensive sometimes :P)

and for you:

2v2bh2c.jpg

Here you go :)

Nvidia got most of the time the 'fastest' gpu available

and amd got most of the time: the best 'bang for the buck'.

=> general speaking, don't shoot me for it ^^

Anyway I will need to pass in giving the Nvidia equivalent of that amd hd radeon 6850, I don't like nVidia so I don't really follow the releases of their gpus

Just for the record: I get a stable fps of 40 on high (not ultra :P) settings on battlefield 3 with that gpu (bit overclocked though)

Edited by DrJoske

the radeon has the best performance / price value, so i'll go for that one ;)

As for a motherboard, is this on okay: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813131767

the other one i found was a bit expensive :P

that one is okay, on 1 small remark:

It doesn't have a usb 3.0 connector on the mobo, which can cause a problem when trying to connect front usb 3.0 ports of your case t

for example this mobo:

http://www.alternate...&l3=Socket AM3+

or the advanced version of that one:

http://www.alternate...97_EVO/647971/?

Do have that connector on the motherboard

Edited by DrJoske

I need that usb connector for my external harddrive, so i guess that'll be a no-no

two external usb 3.0 should be fine, if can't copy the stuff from my external harddrive on my internal one without using a keyboard :P

(yeah mouse and keyboard also use usb 3.0 ports)