Quantum Entanglement

Dak

Didn't check the vid, but you should look up "quantum computing" since you're that interested in quantum mechanics and theories :D

There are some interesting papers about quantum computing, plus it's probably the next big thing in computer architecture since Von Neumann :D

• Like 1

Thanks asp, I am familiar with the development of quantum computers. Could be 1000's of times faster than todays machines.

Maybe I could get a few more kills on Abnerdog if I had one?

Woah, that stuff is facinating! Man, I wish I had done better in math. I missed my calling. I bet I would've loved to be a physicist. May we never cease to be amazed!

@souljahMon, it isn't that easy. I had to write a paper about it, it took me more time to understand the concepts of superposition and entanglement (quantum computing) than to actually write the paper :D

@souljahMon, it isn't that easy. I had to write a paper about it, it took me more time to understand the concepts of superposition and entanglement (quantum computing) than to actually write the paper :D

You wrote a paper on entanglement? Where is it published and on what did you focus on? I am partly working on lifetime of quantum bits at the moment.

Just don't get too excited about the term quantum computer, because every second scientist tries to convince people that his work is contributing to quantum computers, while, in my opinion, we are far far away from getting quantum computers marketable. The only application of quantum theory at the moment is quantum cryptography.

Thanks god I am doing mainly quantum mechanics, where we have at least some possible applications.

Quantum mechanics is easy to understand if you are interested in maths and you read a lot of it, quantum theory is something nobody understands at this point. Too many contradictions even on conferences of so called experts..

Indeed, we're veeeery far away from commercial (hell, even professional) quantum computers, if it ever gets introduced.

And about the paper, it's in Dutch and not published. It was my first paper ever, we had to choose a subject, and I chose quantum computing.

Believe me, I regretted that choice when I was writing and performing research, hated myself for a moment there.

I focused mostly on qubits, how they can be controlled and how superposition and entanglement can be used to benefit the prestation of the computer, I also focused

on the effect the introduction of quantum computers would have (encryption algorithms which would have to be replaced, algorithms which wouldn't work anymore, ...)

Got a 8/10 for it, pretty nice for such a shitty paper haha.

Don't know much about quantum mechanics, I'm following IT, quantum mechanics is far away from my study, very far away :D

The quantum computer that we have access to today is the noodle in your head. We are all connected by this essence called spirit. It moves though all things it is the 99.99 % empty space that cannot be seen or measured. It's called gluon by morons who don't understand it. It is called Spirit by the Shamens and mislabled God by zeolots.

http://www.alexpetty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mod9-phi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a video I think you will enjoy. We are are linked. We are all one.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6DWf7sTQOU&feature=youtu.be[/media]

cool video. The ppl on youtube that comment on it are idiots tho.

This is where Science and Philosophy meets.

• Like 1