$60 tablet

Rabidraccoon

http://www.akashtablet.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aakash_(tablet)

Who needs $500 tablets when you can get a disposable one. :) It even works as a cell phone. They have a cheaper version for $35 too. I'm looking for a cheap tablet to play with. This may be the ticket. Anyone have any recommendations for a tablet for less than $200US?

Its new model is going to release soon........you can check its website.

It would be better to buy new as it will faster and better

and nearly a bit high price but that wont effect much

lol so long as you recongise the limitations and accept them, probably cant get worse than the akash. certaintly there are cheap tablets out there ,and certaintly none of the reviews for any of them have been great :P review for the akash havent been fanatastic, but the hardware specs speak for themselves (it is sad though that you cant apperntly acseess google play; that is a definte sign of cheapness lol) . what you planning to do with the tablet? if by disposable you mean playing around with it and seeing if you want something better, id say get someyhing like a kindle fire or even a cheap ass android phone like a Samsung europa. The software is just as important as the hardware, if not more so, and at least with the latter options you can acsess google play and see what sort of apps you could play around with and how 'enriching' (so how to speak) they could be to your life. on the other hand if your planning on using it as a portable document viewer (or perhaps even editor; appaerntly you can attach an external usb keyboard ) , and an occasional web broweser, id say go for it. 35 usd is almost nothing for that sort of thing, and though you could get a cheapr android phone for just a little bit more, its proablay easier to view word documents on a 7 inch screen than a 2.5 inch one. just be aware of those specs. this is defintly a small time operation baby :P

So maybe I'll wait a bit. I use my Ipod touch to the point of charging it every second day. But the screen is small. Can't surf well on it. I used an ASUS EEE pc for a while but wasn't a big fan of the boot times. I need a coffee table device to be used to settle arguments with my wife. :) Who sang "general Handgrenade"? and questions like that. The Ipad 2 is selling for $369 refurbished. Still a little much. I will roam the local KIJIJI (Craig's list for canada) listing. It's funny how quickly these things drop in price. The Star Trek communicators are bascially Smartphones.

Just check for viruses before you put any personal data into it. Or just never check emails or Facebook on it. GPRS is in one of Dave Barry's books. xD

Edited by HourGlass