PUNKBUSTER IS A PUNK.......i need help

Thomas

Question

everytime i log on to the =F|A= killbox server i get kicked for a restriction error(im not hacking no lies )

i have tried to install the newest version of pb and it doesnt change the message

i have deleted all my cod4 pb files and reinstalled every update.....still no change

i am getting fustrated please help i even tried loading as an admin and that didnt work

<_< help me out yo

10 answers to this question

ok well i never had that problem, but i heard this helps... may be hastlesome though... uninstall and reinstall the game altogether, take off the newest patches and all when you delete it... and if that doesn't work im sorry for wasting your time

i cant screen shot but it says this...............=F|A= Thomas punkbuster kicked player '=F|A= Thomas'(for 0 minutes).RESTRICTION:Service Commmunication Failure : PnkBstrA.exe

Try turning firewall off and if that doesn't help or you've already done that add PnkBstrA.exe or whatever it is to the exceptions list. Sometimes just restarting game helps with that kind of error.

• Administrators

turning firewall off is a dumb idea and ive restarted the game /computer

make sure PnkBstrA.exe is added to the firewall exceptions, when you get that error click start click run type services.msc click ok, look for PnkBstrA service restart the service, if you have any additional firewalls make sure to add the exception there as well.

• Administrators

Follow this:

http://fearless-assassins.com/tuts/t-37-how-to-update-punkbuster/

http://fearless-assassins.com/tuts/t-14-fix-pnkbstra-exe-pnkbstrb-exe/

Disable firewall while playing online games. Most of the new advanced firewall softwares do that itself.

And you don't have million dollar account on your PC that someone will hack you. More or less your router + modem also has built in firewall.