Screenflicker on Oasis SW & Baserace

Citrushill

Hi there,

since 1-2 month i get a screenflicker on the team selection menu (L),

but this problem is only on the maps "Oasis SW" & "Baserace", i don't know why.

i tried a reinstall, but nothing happens. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot,

Citrus

Nvidia by any chance? I had that problem.. But I didnt notice if it was map-specific.

What would happen: in-game, I would get brief 'flashes' or 'flickers' of the last menu screen I used.. So sometimes it was Limbo menu, sometimes it was vsay menu, etc..

The solution for me: Well, at first, none.. Because there were no nvidia updates.. But after a month, there was an update and I haven't had it since.. Check for updates to your graphics card.. Use nvidia.com or the Help > Updates menu in your nvidia control panel, dont use your PC manufacturer's driver download database since they're always months old..

I told him to ask here on forum because I could not help him on the server.

He has this problem on jaymod 3, he can't join teams over limbo menu when this happens, and for my understanding he has this problem every time on these maps and only on these maps.

I told him to ask here on forum because I could not help him on the server.

He has this problem on jaymod 3, he can't join teams over limbo menu when this happens, and for my understanding he has this problem every time on these maps and only on these maps.

Thats absolutely correct.

Oh.. Thats definitely not what I experienced.. This might sound ridiculous but check there's not dirt stuck under your L key.

Then there's the dirt only at the two maps :P

Edited by Citrushill

Then there's the dirt only at the two maps :P

I realise that but it could be an obscure coincidence xD

I would say, delete the two maps from etmain and let them redownload when you enter the server.. If it's map-specific then it pretty much has to be something wrong with your map pk3..

I would say, delete the two maps from etmain and let them redownload when you enter the server.. If it's map-specific then it pretty much has to be something wrong with your map pk3..

Good idea!

Have you tried to run the pk3 cleaner? I don't know if this helps in any form, but it never hurts.

Thats was my first idea, but without a result..

When you started to get the screen flicker on those maps, did you update your video card driver around the same time?

If you can't remember, visit your video card's manufacturer's website (Like, nVidia or AMD/ATI) and download the latest driver, and see if that helps, if not, try the previous drivers until you find one that works.

Most video card manufacturers recommend completely uninstalling existing drivers and control software (Like AMD/ATI's Catalyst Control Center) before installing newer or even older versions.