some map rotation tweeks

B1gM1k3

Guys, I like that the rotation changed around christmas time.

A couple things I would like to suggest:

If we do SmD maps, we should make the round count or the win count longer. The timers are fine but three rounds especially on Bog is kind of short.

The killbox map with FFA is and exercise in futility. My new statement for that map is laydown, and squeeze the trigger. Aiming is pointless and so is reloading. A nice sized map like strike or crossfire would benefit all in FFA

How about bringing some of the older maps back? Like the "original" carentan? Or (i'm not even sure its possible without some rescripting) The newer HUGE maps?

Just some thoughts on a beginer like myself.

and in parting I would like to say, "GO RAVENS!!!"

That is all. You may continue the beatings.

It's NOT three rounds ... it's the FIRST team to WIN three rounds wins the match ... so it could go Five rounds.

It only goes three rounds when one team completely dominates the other, and wins all three rounds out of the gate.

The one thing I noticed though ... we played a match where the teams where so unbalanced like 9 against 4, and the match was won so fast (3 rounds) that the teams never got the chance to auto balance, that's something that should be fixed !

I completely agree with you on the Killbox FFA though ... it's a complete waste of time having that map/style in the rotation, thankfully it's usually over pretty fast.

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

I realize its not three rounds but three wins. I should have explained myself better. Even so, three wins is still too short for an SnD game. The other team doesnt get enough time to learn the other's play style or react well enough on that map.

Up to the bosses. reason I put FFA on killhouse was cause most guys dont like FFA so I wanted it to be quick...was either that or shipment.

Also for the SnD its the first time we've actually had it on server that I can remember so we werent sure how it would go over. So again we kept it short and sweet. Now this is just me explain how we were think when I put FFA in rotation and when theo put the snd in rotation. :P

Remove FFA, the server is too busy for it. FFA is fun with ~8 people on a large map, where teamwork is not possible. With 20~30 as we have regularly, it's just empty your LMG, respawn, repeat. Then again, it's indeed over pretty fast :)

SnD is quite fun at bog actually, nice choice. What I actually don't like, is that after 3 rounds the teams switch from attack to defend, and with 3 rounds that might not even happen. Is it possible to switch at least that (either by more rounds or earlier swapping)?

Original Carentan can not be on the server, that would require additional maps which would make the server unranked (and thereby less attractive for many players)

If we do SmD maps, we should make the round count or the win count longer. The timers are fine but three rounds especially on Bog is kind of short.

I agree with you on that, 3 wins on Bog with a good team that plays objective takes like 4-5 minutes. So it would be great if it could be at least 5 wins.