NBA is back!

ReedLAb

Its about time they came to an agreement. None of the NBA is possible without the fans, and it would be very unfair to the fans if the whole season was cancelled. It might not be an ideal settlement but I think they finally realize its not just about them but for the millions of other people that care to watch and pay money to go to games.

i wonder if mavs can defend their title with the thunder so hungry and with all the experience of being so close to the finals...i really think it's kd's year...

i love kobe but i think he's past it and LAL don't defend and are too slow and old to keep up with the hunger and fire of the thunder or the sharp-shooting clutch mentality of dirk & his mavs.

i wonder who they'll get to support drose cuz if they had a good shooter to complement him (say, jason richardson) i'm pretty sure they'd have beaten the heat (or if the heat didn't have the refs giving them 20+ touch fouls).

let's face it, miami's offense was only able to keep up with chi-town's solid-d because the refs gave miami dozens of touch fouls which wade and lbj gladly converted at the FT line...a little unfair but the NBA is out there to make money and lbj and wade in the finals gets you more viewers and more revenue than, say, drose.

i don't see celtics beating miami, and i don't see them beating chicago either...defense wins championships and chicago and miami have the cleanest defenses in the east.

i suppose we'll have to wait and see how improved drose' jumper is...or if rondo has learned how to shoot a free throw, lol....

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can never count Kobe out of anything, he has the same winning drive that MJ had. I think the Lakers are still a great team, they may be older but the fundamentals are there and I think they can easily get to 45+ wins this season (well with 66 games this season, maybe not). But in the playoffs they get drained by their age in a 7 game series, and I think this is the main thing holding them back. I think it's time they find an up and coming star, much like they did when shaq was showing signs of ageing. Kobe still has a few good years left in him though, he is 33 just like Dirk.

As for the Bulls, I really like them. I think the Bulls are going to be really, really good for awhile. D Rose is probably, right now, the most fun player to watch in the NBA. I think that there roster is really weak though, only held together by D Rose's greatness. I can't say that the Boozer pickup was good for them, I have always thought that guy was a bum. They need a better 2 guard. Bogans is a great defender but that's about it. J.R Smith is a free agent this year, and if the bulls were smart they should pick him up, hes a great scorer to compliment D Rose's drive and dish.

I am really scared what Miami is going to be like this year. They weren't the powerhouse last year that people thought they were going to be, but to deny the potential skill this team has is hogwash. If Miami ever gets their shit together then I don't doubt they will be the most dominant team since the 90s bulls. Spoelstra is just not that great of a coach, Riley needs to take it over. Miami's roster right now is really small, so I'm curious who they pick up once the gymnasiums open up. They need some big men for sure. But I really think its just a matter of time or even inevitable until they get that championship.

I think Boston isn't going to have that great of a year. Allen is 36, Piece is 34, Garnett is 35. They just are old now. Still a good team, but not at all threatening in a 7 game series imo. Rondo was always the MVP of that team. If I was Rondo I would be trying to get out of their as soon as possible.

There are a couple of players who I think will be great this year. The first is a rookie and his name is Ricky Rubio, hes from spain and he reminds me of Pete Marovich. I'm praying that he gets Rookie of the year, though im not sure if he is eligible since he was technically drafted in '09, but he remained in Spain to play. Either way, check this guy out.

Another guy I think will do great is DeMar DeRozan. He's on a shit team but he's going to be a monster this year, no doubt about it. I'm also hoping Joe Johnson has a good bounce back year. The Hawks are usually my squad to cheer for, and i was a little disappointed with his production.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

wow, thanks for your thoughts my friend. I agree with pretty much everything you said, lol. I love Kobe and he's the reason i got started in ball. I really hope coach brown can instill some defensive rigor b/c that's what wins championships. whatever happened to LAL's smothering D? we need to bring that winning mentality back to tinseltown, esp. now clips got cp3, lol. :) RIVALRY!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can never count Kobe out of anything, he has the same winning drive that MJ had. I think the Lakers are still a great team, they may be older but the fundamentals are there and I think they can easily get to 45+ wins this season (well with 66 games this season, maybe not). But in the playoffs they get drained by their age in a 7 game series, and I think this is the main thing holding them back. I think it's time they find an up and coming star, much like they did when shaq was showing signs of ageing. Kobe still has a few good years left in him though, he is 33 just like Dirk.

As for the Bulls, I really like them. I think the Bulls are going to be really, really good for awhile. D Rose is probably, right now, the most fun player to watch in the NBA. I think that there roster is really weak though, only held together by D Rose's greatness. I can't say that the Boozer pickup was good for them, I have always thought that guy was a bum. They need a better 2 guard. Bogans is a great defender but that's about it. J.R Smith is a free agent this year, and if the bulls were smart they should pick him up, hes a great scorer to compliment D Rose's drive and dish.

I am really scared what Miami is going to be like this year. They weren't the powerhouse last year that people thought they were going to be, but to deny the potential skill this team has is hogwash. If Miami ever gets their shit together then I don't doubt they will be the most dominant team since the 90s bulls. Spoelstra is just not that great of a coach, Riley needs to take it over. Miami's roster right now is really small, so I'm curious who they pick up once the gymnasiums open up. They need some big men for sure. But I really think its just a matter of time or even inevitable until they get that championship.

I think Boston isn't going to have that great of a year. Allen is 36, Piece is 34, Garnett is 35. They just are old now. Still a good team, but not at all threatening in a 7 game series imo. Rondo was always the MVP of that team. If I was Rondo I would be trying to get out of their as soon as possible.

There are a couple of players who I think will be great this year. The first is a rookie and his name is Ricky Rubio, hes from spain and he reminds me of Pete Marovich. I'm praying that he gets Rookie of the year, though im not sure if he is eligible since he was technically drafted in '09, but he remained in Spain to play. Either way, check this guy out.

Another guy I think will do great is DeMar DeRozan. He's on a shit team but he's going to be a monster this year, no doubt about it. I'm also hoping Joe Johnson has a good bounce back year. The Hawks are usually my squad to cheer for, and i was a little disappointed with his production.

i am a laker too but man, without odom and brown we need our 2nd string to step up and score at least 21.2ppg just to make up for their loss. i really hope coach brown will instill defensive rigor and discipline into the team again, D wins championships. c'mon Kobe!

Its all about the Lake show this seasonnnn!!

• 2 weeks later...