Laptop

MokhMan

Would you buy online or would you rather go into a store?

Stores:

Asus $655

4Gb Ram

Nvidia Gt 540M ( http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-540M.41715.0.html )

i5-2410m 2.3ghz

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-15-6-laptop-featuring-intel-core-i5-2410m-processor-k53sv-xp1-black-english-k53sv-xp1/10181566.aspx?path=b427e6e79bc71ad0d70dae4372398f0cen02

Acer $600

8Gb Ram

Nvidia GT 540M (Same as one above)

i5 2430M 2.4ghz

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/acer-acer-aspire-15-6-laptop-featuring-intel-core-i5-2430m-processor-as5755g-6620-blue-as5755g-6620/10180320.aspx?path=18763a4ed66e9df13e90af5654c0ad8een02

The Acer seems like a good deal but it depends if you actually trust/like that company.

Heres a video of the Video card in action

(Video description: Notebook: Acer TravelMate 5760G

Procesor: Intel Core i5 2410M (2,3GHz -2,9GHz)

Ram: 4GB 1333MHz DDR3

GPU: NVidia GeForce GT 540M 1GB (TurboCache 2741MB)

Overclock GPU: 815MHz Memory: 1064MHz Shader: 1630

Temperature: Avg: 73°C Max: 80°C (Only when playing games.)

The temperature during normal operation: Min: 30°C Avg: 35°C Max: 45°C

FPS without Fraps: Min: 25 Avg: 40 Max: 60

Setting in video:

)

• 1 month later...

i dont recommend ACER his Hard DIsk broken fast.... if you want a good computer take a VAIO or HP i think that the ram isnt too important because if you buy a lap with 4gb it will be 64bits and many programs there arent compatibles. the most important is your processor :)... if you want enjoy the gamees to full :) buy a desktop pc its the better way to play :) good luck my friend. i hope have helped

• 5 weeks later...

i dont recommend ACER his Hard DIsk broken fast.... if you want a good computer take a VAIO or HP i think that the ram isnt too important because if you buy a lap with 4gb it will be 64bits and many programs there arent compatibles. the most important is your processor :)... if you want enjoy the gamees to full :) buy a desktop pc its the better way to play :) good luck my friend. i hope have helped

Most important is your graphics card. Any laptop with integrated graphics even with a nice CPU (i5/i7) will have poor gaming performance. HP is terrible in my opinion. Desktops are better since they tend to last longer and you can upgrade them whenever a part breaks or needs to be upgraded to the latest and greatest.

• Like 3

Hey guys. I need a gaming laptop, not too expensive, 4GB+ RAM

Suggestions please? Thanks

It might help a bit if you let us know what country your from and exactly what your price range is. Overall what Tulsa said is good advice to follow. At least an i5 with a good graphics card if you need a laptop. I'm fairly unfamiliar with AMD's current mobile lineup right now, but the HP that Bi0s posted looks like a decent deal.

I'd suggest making a list of all the features you'd like in a laptop, what price range your looking at, wether you'd prefer to shop online or in-store and then go to a big box store that laptops that fit your criteria and give them a hands on demo. If you have an awesome feature set laptop with an annoying feature, then your stuck and out alot of pocket change.

Good luck