Bullet tracers in jaymod?

ant1y

Hello guys I was just wondering if you can remove bullet tracers in jaymod, Or show enemy only. I am pretty new to the jaymod scene as I used to be etpro only. But now I have quit etpro I play jaymod only really.

I remember in previous jaymods you could check in display menu and you could remove it if I remember correctly.

Does anybody have the command its not b_tracers ( b = bani for etpro ) I have tried cg_tracers to. However none of them will remove it, I have searched a few forums and I am starting to think its not possible anymore ?

Any help would be great thanks.

• Clan Friend

I think it's not possible on jaymod or I would have disabled them long time ago, because (especially with high ping) bullet tracers are annoying...

cg_tracers is not a jaymod cvar.

cg_tracerchance 0 would probably do it, but it's locked :(

I think you should start to get used to them...

I think it's not possible on jaymod or I would have disabled them long time ago, because (especially with high ping) bullet tracers are annoying...

cg_tracers is not a jaymod cvar.

I think you should start to get used to them...

You know I mean I dont really mind them in a way, But I do heavily prefer them off. Its just an annoying thing on screen im not used to really, I normally have show other players :P

Its np if its not possible.

Wooohoo, lovely 'bullet lag' as I like to call it. At some servers I have it, at some I dont, and it also changes that today I have it and in 2 weeks I don't have it anymore etc. Try to remove all .pk3 files from jaymod and etmain folders, sometimes it helps, sometimes not. It's random.

And fact is, when I have it my acc drops dramatically, like from 55 to 40-45.

Edited by BossHK

• Clan Friend

I have it always, since my ping sux everywhere :)

bullet tracers are drawn when the client receives a bullet event (generally EV_BULLET_HIT_WALL) so it's obvious that they cannot be drawn when you shoot, but only after the server receives your message + sends you a new snapshot, meaning that you have to wait a full round trip delay after you shoot

• 4 weeks later...

The cvar: ''/b_tracers'' only works in ETpro mod. So Jaymod won't do.

I haven't heard of any cvar that disables the bullettracers in Jaymod, so I found these:

You could adjust these settings:

cg_tracerchance (default = 0.4) - likelihood of bullet tracers

cg_tracerlength (default = 160) - length of bullet tracers

cg_tracerSpeed (default = 4500) - speed of bullet tracers

cg_tracerwidth (default = 0.8) - width of bullet tracers

I do not know the maximums and minimums of the cvar-values, but if you just don't insert a too high or a too low value, it'll do I think (though googling it might bring some results as well).

Sorry for being hell noob but what ARE bullet tracers? I've been trawling through this section of the forum to see how I can improve my gaming experience on ET and was confused by this thread.

A bullet tracer is a trace that your bullet leaves behind.. :P

To make it more clear: When you shoot a bullet, your bullet goes like ''Woesjjj'' and behind the bullet is sometimes (differs per mod) a red trail. This red trail shows other people from where the bullet came from and in which direction it is going. I'm sure you noticed it before :)

You get it?

Edited by Mayhem

• Clan Friend

cg_tracerchance (default = 0.4) - likelihood of bullet tracers

cg_tracerlength (default = 160) - length of bullet tracers

cg_tracerSpeed (default = 4500) - speed of bullet tracers

cg_tracerwidth (default = 0.8) - width of bullet tracers

cg_tracerchance 0 would probably do it, but it's locked

Well I thought, that if you adjust this cvar to a very low value (not zero, but something like 0.05), then the bullet tracers might not be seen as well.. ;)

Or I am now talking shit? I'm not an expert, so I was just guessing ^^