GTA 5 may steal into 2012

jaie

Rockstar confirms Grand Theft Auto V is coming after at least two years in development

Rockstar has officially announced Grand Theft Auto V.

The latest title in the multimillion-selling crime adventure series has no official release date as yet, but the publisher is promising a teaser trailer on 2 November.

No console platforms have been mentioned either, leading to speculation that GTA 5 may not arrive until the next generation of Xbox and PlayStation machines. However, the game is almost certain to have been in development for at least two years, meaning a late 2012 release is not out of the question.

The Grand Theft Auto series has sold 115m units since the first title arrived in 1997, making it one of the biggest game franchises in the world. The last instalment, Grand Theft Auto IV, has alone shipped more than 22m units since its launch in 2008.

For the last year, gaming news sites have been speculating wildly over the possible setting for GTA V. In March, Rockstar's parent company Take-Two held acting auditions for an unnamed project, the casting call for which provided details for a selection of characters, including mobsters, movie agents and wannabe starlets – suggesting to sites such as Kotaku, a possible Hollywood setting for GTA V, although Rockstar did not comment on the casting session or on the nature of the project.

Certainly, the 2004 release, GTA: San Andreas featured an area named Vineland, heavily modelled on Hollywood. The series has also pastiched a number of films over its history, including Scarface and Boys in the Hood.

GTA-V-007.jpg

Source

Quick Breakdown:

• GTA 5 has been announced.
  • A trailer will be released on the 2nd of November.
  • It will probably be released on a new console - as no consoles have been mentioned.
  • It is possible that it may be released in 2012 - as they have been working on it since GTA IV and it's been a while...
  • They've sold 115 million of GTA games since 1997
  • It may be set in Hollywood - as there were some auditions for a secret project with that theme, earlier this year

• Like 2

GTA IV was awesome though, 'cause it looked amazing back then :D

The only thing I can remember of GTA IV is:

-me trying to steal a car

-Cops comes and say: !FREEZE

-me: f*** YOU

-me starting to run

-COP shoots me dead

-me: meh, f*** this game

-me: turns off the ps3

that's it, played a lot more, but that's really the only thing I can remember and some kind of rocketlauncher glitch which maked me laugh...

It was the best time period the game has so far been set in. Really classy, and great graphics (for GTA) imo :)

• Like 1

People still care about this game?

I remember I was at my friends house and he'd tell me a cheat and I'd put it in and it would do something against my character, like die or something, I forget.

Otherwise, no interest.