pleaz help

Swedish Mafia

I have been trying to change my patch from 1.7 to 1.6 so that i can play on F|A server again:] But i have a new Macbook Pro and am not quite sure how to work everything. So i have not been successful in doing so:[ If you know something that would help me, you would be awesome!!!

uninstall your game. it will ask you if you want to save your progress/profiles. say yes so you do not lose any multiplayer progress. Then reinstall it and get 1.6 patch again. Only way that i know, takes about 20-30min.

Maybe there is anothr way that i dont knoe, but this works for me (:

I installed my game twice to use both 1.6, and 1.7 versions.

The game installs 1.7 by default, so you need a 1.6 reverse patch. Which you can find here: http://www.sylfaster...e_1.6_files.zip

I used this exact file, and was pretty easy. Just remove the matching files from your COD installation, and replace them with the files that come in this 1.6 reverse patch.

EDIT: Also as a note, the patch selectors did not work for me either, which is why I have two COD installs. OH! If you make two installs, you need to copy your players folder from one install, into the other as well. I think that's everything you need to run both patches.

But if you only want 1.6, then that file will have everything you need.

To daredevil: I tried FA's patch changer for hardsisk at mediafire but i had no success with that:[

To anti: i installed the patch changer from sylfaster and had the file but did not find the exact file in COD installation to replace it with.

Swedish: Don't worry about the version changer. It works for some people... but there's a lot of us who have to reverse our version manually.

First download the zip file I linked you to.

Extract all files. Then open the folder with extracted files. Also open your COD folder. You will see the 1.6 files that you downloaded have a similar file in the 1.7 installation.

First remove a file from C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4, and replace it with the matching file from the 1.6 download.

Keep doing this until you use all files. I think there will be one file that goes into C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4\main

Any questions/problems. Please post.

I think i found the 1.7 patch file I downloaded from aspry, but there are no files in it to change with the zip files. Its all just a bunch of codes :hmm That is the link i went to. http://fearless-assa...patch-selector/

Aspyr is the publisher of the Mac version of COD4. If you use OS X, you can not play on 1.6 servers. If you use Bootcamp or Parallels/Fusion, find another download source.