Guys' cursing what to do

SilentMan

You all remind me of little kids running to their mommy cause they heard a bad word. Quit killing the server and grow up

dont blame me, im all for loosening language, a bit, but the people who curse generally spam game every 20sec like "f*** f*** f*** f***". and higher ups want strict rules on lang...even though in the beginning of my time in fa i distinctly remember saying "i like it here because we dont blow up a building for a curse word" back in the good ole relaxed days....

That's how it should be. There's no need to get all worked up over little things like a curse word as long as they aren't spamming it. I've seen people get warned for saying ass one time and instantly quit or laugh at the clan for being uptight. I mean do people warn others for cursing when they are out in public, use common sense and don't go overboard with your admin rights. No wonder I don't wanna play cod4 anymore

I figure this is probably a good time to throw this one up too, as I've seen a few admins doing just this (not that I'm innocent of any of these, but we should try to remember this and be better about it)

Just wanted to throw a post up to remind everyone of the rules that we should be following as an Admin in game. I've seen a few people doing things that they shouldn't be doing or that they should be doing differently.

A lot of new people lately so here it goes again:

1. We do not KICK first. All the players on our servers get at least two warnings before they are kicked.
  2. We do not warn or kick for marty or tubes on the HC server, and just not for marty on Killbox. This is an autokick! Never warn for swearing either, the server does that too! Let the server do your work for you... It will :)
  3. You can always try to talk to a player before using warn or kick. (sometimes this may even work better).
  4. When you use the !warn or !kick command you must always include a reason. Sometimes if a person is being real disrespectful or something you may not write I reason just to get them out quick, but at that point you should let a staff member or a leader know about it!
  5. As much as we enforce the rules we need to follow them too. Don't call someone out for swearing and then swear yourself.
  6. If you don't like something that another admin did. Try to talk to them on xfire before chatting in game. We should have each others backs in there!

Most of all have fun! We have some pretty good regulars and players on our servers most all the time now. Let keep them here!

:thanks

Also lets try to remember it's a game, while you need to be responsible and all that jazz, just relax a bit we don't need to be jumping down people's throats over some of this smaller stuff

Edited by GI-JOE

• 3 weeks later...

also - blessed is wrong. swearing is not allowed on fa cod4 server. dont say something is a rule unless you read it ingame and know from other people warning because of said rule

BM its not. but when someone is just spamming vulgarities and insulting for no reason, cranky milli and angry theo arrive. There's just no reason for it. Yeah its a war game. But we also have rules.

Don't reprimand me unless I'm wrong. As per Milli's post my post is correct. I can see that your following your own advice. I don't say something is a rule unless I know. Thx for coming out though.