Need Help :(

Blade

Ok, So I just installed a new Motherboard and Processor, but whenever I attempt at booting up I get a message at the bottom of my screen that says. Press DEL to enter Setup, Press TAB to view Post Message. I've searched through a good amount of forums, but none of the solutions have helped me. I can't get through this message because my keyboard refuses to work when its on it. I've tried using a usb-ps/2 adapter, but that didn't work either. I also tried reseating everything from RAM, video card, CPU, etc. The motherboard I'm using is a Asus Crosshair IV Forumla and the CPU is an AMD Phenom II 980. Hopefully someone here can help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Blade

Check your memory, 1 card at a time in slot 1.

I had a problem VERY similar to this, and it ended up being one bad stick of RAM.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it.. I might have had this problem because of missing RAID drivers also...

I'm not sure which it was, I'd still start with the RAM.

• Administrators

Ok, So I just installed a new Motherboard and Processor, but whenever I attempt at booting up I get a message at the bottom of my screen that says. Press DEL to enter Setup, Press TAB to view Post Message. I've searched through a good amount of forums, but none of the solutions have helped me. I can't get through this message because my keyboard refuses to work when its on it. I've tried using a usb-ps/2 adapter, but that didn't work either. I also tried reseating everything from RAM, video card, CPU, etc. The motherboard I'm using is a Asus Crosshair IV Forumla and the CPU is an AMD Phenom II 980. Hopefully someone here can help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Blade

Did you disabled Legacy USB in the BIOS? Also does the KB works on other machine?

Try to reset the BIOS and see if it works.

Don't ya just hate it when things go wrong. I find that I over think problems sometimes

but if you will calm down (hehehe) and use good logic there is always an answer.

In the pass I had one that would not post .. that time it was a bad stick of ram.

Was there a driver disk with the MB?

Unplug and re-seat all your cards/cables/etc on the MB

Make sure your header to the power switch, leds, fans etc are all

seated well and in the correct spot. These plugs are very small

and it is easy to miss a pin or something.

Strip the MB down to basics ..i.e. just one stick of ram, start off by using

the onboard video (if it is there)

what operating system are you going to install?

If the MB came with a disk and it should have, trying rebooting with that in CD drive

Maybe you got the MB used? go to the mfgs site and get all the drivers you need and

there you might find a diagnostic boot disk or something like that to help solve

the problem.

Hang in there, sometimes its like wondering around in a dark room, seems crazy until you

find the light switch then it all makes sense.

Thanks in Advance.

Blade

Have you tried using another keyboard? (i know stupid question lol. But doesn't hurt to ask).

I didn´t get my PC booting up at all with new graphics. So I used the jumper on MB which resets CMOS. (Read the manual also, but had no jumper "stick" so just shortcut my jumper with pliers. But I´d say be careful ,if there are any jumpers, which one you would go shortcutting;) ) On manual its paragraph 2.6 JUMPER ;)

Also be sure the electricity is disconnected from PC when you´re playing McCyver on the PC;)