Brink "Smooth" Config

TulsaGeoff

Stolen from: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25087

"Not sure how this will work for everyone else, but on my machine the game seems a lot smoother now:

http://www.syncore.org/brink_lowgfx.zip

Note: it turns the graphics down, but that's what you would expect from a fps config.

Drop it in: Steam\userdata\[random numbers]\[more random numbers]\local\base

Sorry, I can't tell you what the random numbers in the folder are, since they're different for every computer, but the folder inside will be "local\base"

Be sure to change your resolution and whatnot inside the config. Open with Wordpad.

brink_lowgfx.zip

yeah I SAW. Hotfix is mediocre at best i heard. That config will make BRINK look like ET, Just warning anyone with already good fps.

Also, I was running 30-40 before I updated my drivers. Now I'm at 130. I'm not going to use that config but I'll be looking into making one soon.

i also have huge fps problems =((((

intel i5

ATI 5650

4gb ram

tried to use this cfg, graphics look shitty, but it's still the opposite of smooth :cry

I'm confident that they will be fixing this soon. :( Just hang tight.

Any feedback from lower end system users (people who have PCs who barely satisfy minimum requirements or below)? I'd hate to buy the game and then have 15-20 FPS, not to mention I have ATI card as well. Also any more info on that ATI fps issue hotfix?

Any feedback from lower end system users (people who have PCs who barely satisfy minimum requirements or below)? I'd hate to buy the game and then have 15-20 FPS, not to mention I have ATI card as well. Also any more info on that ATI fps issue hotfix?

There are people with top end PCs(i7, 5870/5890) and are getting shit FPS. I would hate to see how people with slower speeds fare. I don't know whats going on with the game right now but one thing is failry certain is that if you have an ATI/AMD card you probably will be screwed until a hotfix that actually works is released.

I meet the "recommended specs" with an i5 and HD5850 and I am getting around 30-40 fps. its not horrible but it definitely isn't as smooth as i would like. Glad to know its not an issue with my pc :)

seemed cool to me and my Radeon HD4670 :/ i mean, its highly playable. what i would expect from that card anyway. still at 1920x1080 with graphic settings on high without AA. im not sure what my frames are. hadn't checked.