Apple forced to remove 'Gay Cure' app!

Chuckun

Apple forced to remove 'Gay Cure' app!

150,000 people petitioned against the christian anti-gay app.

More than 150,000 people signed an online petition asking Apple to remove an app from the iTunes store. The app was designed by a Christian organisation Exodus who are openly 'anti-gay'.

Today at 11am, Apple removed the app from their store.

The app had a 4+ approval rating from the Apple app store, and the organization is quick to point out that this rating is reserved for those apps that "contain no objectionable material."

Gay rights activists obviously disagree.

"No objectionable content? We beg to differ!" reads the Change.org petition that was started by non-profit LBGT advocacy organization Truth Wins Out. "Exodus' message is hateful and bigoted. They claim to offer 'freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ' and use scare tactics, misinformation, stereotypes and distortions of LGBT life to recruit clients."

The app was fundamentally just a ported version of the Exodus International website.

The organisation wrote in a blog post that they were currently developing the app further to broaden its functionality.

Apple state that they will remove any app which "offends large groups of people".

Source: =F|A=Chuckun @ fearless-assassins.com

lol, if the app was the same as the website, well I don't see anything here that is really that offensive. But I guess that is up to debate.

Thing is, if you don't want the app, then don't get it. No one is forcing ppl to get the app.

I can agree with most spoken opinions here..

I do not think such apps should exist.. However, I'd just not download it.. And personally don't see why anyone would want it lol..

Christians preach love.. but hate gay people?

I really can't stand hypocrisy.

THIS.

+1

<3

I'm not pro-gay or anti-gay, or anti-christian or w/e.. I just cannot stand hypocrisy.. Another good one is "God forgives all for their sins.... but if you dont live by these rules we've made up then you're going to hell for eternal torture! RAARRGHH!".. Ehem.

Christians can do no wrong. Anything they do is ok. It says so in Romans 8:33.

"Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth."

Now, the rest of the world is pure evil, just read 1 John 5:19

"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness."

You may say to yourself that you don't believe any of this malarcky. That makes you evil too, according to Hebrews 3:12.

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God."

Notice that these are all from the New Testament, not the Old Testament, which is ten times worse.

The Old Testament commands that you kill anyone who doesn't believe in the same God as you.

Read Deuteronomy 13:6-10:

6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

lol, if the app was the same as the website, well I don't see anything here that is really that offensive. But I guess that is up to debate.

Thing is, if you don't want the app, then don't get it. No one is forcing ppl to get the app.

:agree