CPU cooling

Jefke

I build my pc and everything went fine

There is only 1 little thing : I'm still using the standard cpu cooling of my amd phenom II x4 (3.4ghz) 965 processor

And I don't like him at all :D

So I decided to buy a new cooler, but I don't know which one :D

My idea

Don't have experience with liquid cooling and overclocking so I probably won't do it with my new pc :D (maybe later)

Do you guys have an idea

I have got the corsair h50 plus there is room for a extra 120mm fan if you wanted to get the temps very low. which i did and temps dropped even more.

That coolmaster v6gt will do the job nicely

Is that cpu cooler or a car engine its massive :D

For best temp results the Noctua nh-d14 kicks arse but its so ugly

Noctua nh-d14 info

Fan Bearing SSO-Bearing

Fan Rotational Speed (+/- 10%) 1200 / 1300 RPM

Fan Rotational Speed with U.L.N.A. (+/- 10%) 900 / 900 RPM

Fan Airflow 64.9 / 54.3 CFM

Fan Airflow with U.L.N.A. 52.2 / 37.3 CFM

Fan Acoustical Noise 19.6 / 19.8 dB(A)

Fan Acoustical Noise with U.L.N.A. 13.2 / 12.6 dB(A)

Fan Input Power 1.2 / 1.08 W

Fan Voltage Range 12 V

Fan MTBF > 150.000 h

If you want a cheap efficient cooler for your CPU I recommend this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019

I've had it for over a year and it never goes past 40 Celsius under heavy load. But you have to be careful because it can really cut you bad, sharp as razors in some parts.

Edited by RoosterCogburn

Whatever cooler you decide to get, double check the size of the cooler and measure on your motherboard to check the cooler has enough room. I have seen a few people quite upset because they didn't take the time to do this and ended up either having to return the cooler or lose a RAM slot.

Whatever cooler you decide to get, double check the size of the cooler and measure on your motherboard to check the cooler has enough room. I have seen a few people quite upset because they didn't take the time to do this and ended up either having to return the cooler or lose a RAM slot.

already done :D I know some people to who had that problem

• 3 weeks later...

@MrJoske

Hey, I have the same CPU and I am using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 heatsink with some Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste.

Easy to install, quiet (keeps my CPU at ~30 - 35° max under load) and bought it for ~35 bucks. It has a large 120mm fan and you could add another one for more cooling.

Quote : Whatever cooler you decide to get, double check the size of the cooler and measure on your motherboard to check the cooler has enough room. I have seen a few people quite upset because they didn't take the time to do this and ended up either having to return the cooler or lose a RAM slot.

True, make sure your computer case is large enough.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-103-065&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=965&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

@MrJoske

Hey, I have the same CPU and I am using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 heatsink with some Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste.

Easy to install, quiet (keeps my CPU at ~30 - 35° max under load) and bought it for ~35 bucks. It has a large 120mm fan and you could add another one for more cooling.

Quote : Whatever cooler you decide to get, double check the size of the cooler and measure on your motherboard to check the cooler has enough room. I have seen a few people quite upset because they didn't take the time to do this and ended up either having to return the cooler or lose a RAM slot.

True, make sure your computer case is large enough.

http://www.newegg.co...#scrollFullInfo

Ty for the reply but I already have bought the coolermaster V6GT cooling.

The max temp is between 25 - 35 but the V6GT is just a nice design element of my pc :D

My pc

Yeah the Cooler Master Hyper 212 has poor desing but its a good heatsink xD

Good rig btw.

Ya it is a cheapo heatsink. But you don't need a monster heatsink for a 965 (even if you do overclock it to 4.0)