200 slot ET servers

PHANTASM

I saw there are two new servers on the ET server list as seen by the general public. I has 150 and the other has 200 slots each. I did not know you could make a server bigger than 64 slots. I tried to join to see if they were for real or just some kind of trick, but after downloading the pk3 spam it said I did not have the right kind of ET.exe lol. I have everything patched up to 2.6b so I don't know what they are looking for.

So I doubt there are any players on them, perhaps 150 omnibots waiting for a player.

Interesting that they can display that many players. Could be something worth studying.

121s6eq.jpg

ETTV Servers could have more than 64 slots if I remember correctly. Like this one: http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=685068

For your information:

ETTV allows you to connect up to a special server using your PC, and view a game in progress much like a spectator would. But it's more powerful than any normal spectator function - ETTV allows you all the features of a shoutcaster - being able to see the names of players over their heads, seeing a dynamite timer over the dynamite, etc. You can even watch spectators on the server, such as 'cameramen', people that ensure you get the best overview shots of battles, the best 1st person views during 1 on 1's, and those crucial views just before a panzer dishes out some ownage on an unsuspecting enemy group.

Because you're using ETTV rather than just spectating the game, the server can relay the broadcast of the game to other servers - meaning 100's or even 1000's of us can watch world-class teams battling without lagging them out by crowding their server.

But these types of servers, I think they are servers lag, imaginencen, when full the jaymods can not play, I think that it would be impossible, or enter

Thats a ETTV server in the screenshot....you dont play on those, you just watch pro players scrim LIVE, with a slight 10 second delay. you can talk to everyone else watching but not to the people playing.

Thats a ETTV server in the screenshot....you dont play on those, you just watch pro players scrim LIVE, with a slight 10 second delay. you can talk to everyone else watching but not to the people playing.

the delay is not 10 seconds, more like 60 seconds

also not everyone on ETTV is a "pro player" :)

Edited by ohurcool

But these types of servers, I think they are servers lag, imaginencen, when full the jaymods can not play, I think that it would be impossible, or enter

Because you're using ETTV rather than just spectating the game, the server can relay the broadcast of the game to other servers - meaning 100's or even 1000's of us can watch world-class teams battling without lagging them out by crowding their server.

Learn to read. ;)