Red Ring of Death

GIJOE

This is a bit off topic but will help some people alot. NEVER pick up the xbox with the game in it when it's on, I learnt that the hard way. Heard a weird sound then realized this gigantic circle scratch and the game was unusable, so don't do that

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZeeKoh thats a load of junk and you know. Its just that people have done stupid things like buying used systems in bad condition or bought from walmart then complained. mine is refurbished, and has had not a single error since 3 years ago. Though BC2 didnt run well on it, technically i guess this was an error, but BC2 sometimes crashed my xbox if i remember right

I am a network administrator and it IS Microsoft's fault.

The other more serious cause for the red ring of death is overheating of your Xbox. The Xbox overheats because of various design problems.

^Caused my motherboard in my X-box to warp -Even with a box fan on it at all times.

I am a network administrator and it IS Microsoft's fault.

The other more serious cause for the red ring of death is overheating of your Xbox. The Xbox overheats because of various design problems.

^Caused my motherboard in my X-box to warp -Even with a box fan on it at all times.

I can bring various arguments and examples all day and win. No use for you to try to argue with me. As i said, i have a USED xbox of 3 years and probably used atleast 2 years before that. I used to heavily use it and i have zero cooling systems, i just set it on something that wont heat up like carpet or in a tight area.

Nothing wrong with xboxs unless you get an occasional lemon or ya just got the unfortunate batch of first waves that had the issue. By the way, mine was from the first wave of "fail xboxes" and so were my friends. None of ours have died, over 6 xboxes. Case and point.

Sorry if this is posted already... But this is generally a not so difficult/expensive fix to do yourself. What i did with mine is find a guy on craigslist, and of course its kind of shady.. but i paid 20 bucks and my xbox was good as new. Alternatively, you can google 'red ring fix' and all i know is it includes buying a few screws, and removing and reinstalling your heat sync as well as applying thermal gel to prevent overheating in the future. because all the red ring problem is, is really just overheating. Also, if youre good with hardware, you can install an extra small fan in your xbox to help keep it cool, hope this helped :o.

I had a xbox 360 elite with three red rings and i sold it to my friend! (well more of a douche) for 1/2 the price of a new one. Buy a used regular x360 with the extra cash. :)

I can bring various arguments and examples all day and win. No use for you to try to argue with me. As i said, i have a USED xbox of 3 years and probably used atleast 2 years before that. I used to heavily use it and i have zero cooling systems, i just set it on something that wont heat up like carpet or in a tight area.

Nothing wrong with xboxs unless you get an occasional lemon or ya just got the unfortunate batch of first waves that had the issue. By the way, mine was from the first wave of "fail xboxes" and so were my friends. None of ours have died, over 6 xboxes. Case and point.

First of all, you're processor has a fan -That's a cooling system, without it it wouldn't last 20 minutes. Second of all, I keep mine on a stand, I've had every x-box except my current one mess up the same way^. Microsoft sucks, they always have, they release shit way before they should.... Vista for instance, came out, was a joke, still is. Trying to update to an older version of .NET framework than I currently have..... Microsoft is a joke. The truth hurts, but that's what it is the TRUTH.

P.S "There's nothing wrong with X-boxes it's you! I don't care if you're a network admin and take every precaution possible to keep it from over-heating it's still your fault." -That's what I interpreted from what you said.

It's like, We don't condone that there are any problems with the X-box despite that there are thousands of people who will never buy microsoft goods again because of it's problems.

No point in arguing? Are we supposed to sit here ALL day and get along on EVERY subject? Jesus christ we're robots now.

Edited by Larabeast

So just because your xbox and a few of your friends xboxes are ok then everyone else is stupid and wrong. Sorry but your case and point is the worst argument every. Your saying that because it didn't happen to you that the entire product has no problems. If you going to argue your point bring some statistics and facts. Also I'd like to say I have had my xbox for 2 years, never moved where I had it always in the same spot on my entertainment stand and it red ringed on me out of nowhere. Also saying that people putting it on carpet is their fault but look at any other system, putting it on the carpet they still work fine ;). Finally farther back you said that people bought them from walmart and thats their problem, and I just have to ask what difference does that make rofl. And xbox is an xbox no matter where you buy it from its still the same product. :rolleyes:

So just because your xbox and a few of your friends xboxes are ok then everyone else is stupid and wrong. Sorry but your case and point is the worst argument every. Your saying that because it didn't happen to you that the entire product has no problems. If you going to argue your point bring some statistics and facts. Also I'd like to say I have had my xbox for 2 years, never moved where I had it always in the same spot on my entertainment stand and it red ringed on me out of nowhere. Also saying that people putting it on carpet is their fault but look at any other system, putting it on the carpet they still work fine ;). Finally farther back you said that people bought them from walmart and thats their problem, and I just have to ask what difference does that make rofl. And xbox is an xbox no matter where you buy it from its still the same product. :rolleyes:

Well let me address this..Where the f*** did i say people were stupid? An xbox is good, Just like any product there are lemons..My few friends that said theyd never buy microsoft again, hey look they are buying it

@ Lara, Comparing anything to Vista is terrible....Do you know how fast it was made? So somebody screwed up, does that mean everybody has to b*** and complain 1000x worse than it is?

Basically says your right and that everyone who had a problem did it only through fault of their own. And with the 360 there were more then "just a few lemons" it was a widespread problem. You didn't see any issue like it with the ps3 or the wii. Personally I prefer the 360 but that doesn't mean that it didn't/doesn't have some major issues.

Thanks for all the information. So my kids now can play. In the mean time I purchased them a Playstation 3. So we have an XBOX, 3 play stations 2, a WII and 4 computers in the house.

NOW here were you all are going to laugh. So I took the dam XBOX in to get fixed. They told me there wasnt anything wron and it amy be a power cord. So I take it home still red ring of death. My boys 10 & 11 were upset. So I call in another person to fix it. He comes to my home laughes and plugs in the DAM cables to the TV. Red ring of death gone. GEEEEEEEE I feel like a retard. :unsure:

• Administrators

Thanks for all the information. So my kids now can play. In the mean time I purchased them a Playstation 3. So we have an XBOX, 3 play stations 2, a WII and 4 computers in the house.

NOW here were you all are going to laugh. So I took the dam XBOX in to get fixed. They told me there wasnt anything wron and it amy be a power cord. So I take it home still red ring of death. My boys 10 & 11 were upset. So I call in another person to fix it. He comes to my home laughes and plugs in the DAM cables to the TV. Red ring of death gone. GEEEEEEEE I feel like a retard. :unsure:

Its ok we are allowed 3 fails per year.

Yeah bro you said it like it was our fault, WE f***ED IT UP or left it on a carpet or some shit. Jesus christ we're little kids who can't take care of an electronic piece of equipment. No we f***ing treat it better than a woman it has it's own stand! And it's gonna go and f*** up like that? Not cool =( and definitely not our fault :P

Yeah bro you said it like it was our fault, WE f***ED IT UP or left it on a carpet or some shit. Jesus christ we're little kids who can't take care of an electronic piece of equipment. No we f***ing treat it better than a woman it has it's own stand! And it's gonna go and f*** up like that? Not cool =( and definitely not our fault :P

Well, For one you need to calm don, i was just ticked off that day. I had meant it was your (You in a general form, not personally you) If you left it on a carpet. No RIGHT to say deragatory comments to Women. We do not accept that type of behavior here.

It's plain and simple, If you get mad and bring the shit on here, don't irrationally argue your point with someone you don't even know. And learn more about a piece of equipment before you argue about it.

Lol, calm down. It's the internet bro I'm calm. Treat it better than a woman isn't a derogatory term to women? I was arguing my point and you're making me look bad by making what I said into what it isn't. Treat it better than a woman-Its a saying. Realize you started the argument with me, I take very good care of my x-box's there was no reason to say "You must have put it on a carpet or something". Insinuating that it was MY fault that it messed up. You could have went about it like, Since you take such good care of your X-box Lara, what do you think keeps making the red ring of death popping up. Not it's your fault no matter what ^_^. P.S Here's a question, Did you insinuate that I wasn't calm because of your own E-Rage tendencies? Nothing I read on the internet could ever break my smile <3. At any one point in time I can drop all the depressing things in my life and be happy.-Try it sometime.

Anything with a processor has a processor fan, so your x-box does have a cooling system. And to end it all, I don't have any problems with you or would take this argument anywhere but the forums. Don't take it personally I didn't. I would also like to know how treat it better than a woman is a derogatory term. I thought about how I treat my women and didn't see it as derogatory at all.

Edited by Larabeast