A list of suggestions *FEEDBACK PLEASE*

Beckoning

1. Scrim team roster. It just makes it much easier to stay in contact with each other.

2. Scrim team section of the forums (private). A private section of the forums where we can post strategies and where we can have discussions that we don't want people outside of the team to see. This just ensures we can talk about our scrims, and people who we might want to recruit, or anything of that nature which we don't want public yet. It's a way for us to all communicate more easily and it'll really help with recruitment and organization.

3. Scrim team tryouts (invite only). Rather than have people post applications and wait for weeks to months with no word on their status we should have scrim team practices. We have everyone interested in joining post an application and we go over every application and invite the people we want to see on the et pro server in scrim settings. It might be every applicant, or it might only be half of them. That'll be up to the scrim leader+team to decide. So we go over every application, and send a pm to the members. It'll be something like "You have been invited to try out for the FA scrim team on *insert date here* at *insert time GMT here*. The scrimmage will be a practice scrimmage in which every member must be on vent and on the FA et pro server. You will be graded on the criteria of; Shot (from 1-10), Awareness/smart play (from 1-10), TEAMWORK (from 1-10), Communication (from 1-10), diversity (from 1-10) [this means you can play different classes or use different weapons or just act differently in a situation. It prevents our team from being predictable.] These 5 topics will be added together and everyone will receive a score out of 50. While the score is important, it is not the final say. The highest scores will usually make the team, but there may be circumstances where we need a really good sniper, and if there is one trying out, even if he has a lower score, he will be recruited to fill the team's needs."

We can have 3 chances that way people who couldn't make the first two or someone who just had a bad day has a chance at redemption. Every member is expected to attend 2 out of the 3, but we'd prefer that everyone attends all three. The scores will be averaged together and the top 3 highest will automatically make the team, with any additional recruits being from team discretion only. We may have 10 new members, or we might keep only those top three. The match will be played in stopwatch format with the maps being chosen from a list of scrim league approved maps. There will be 3 maps, and teams will be shuffled after every one. Clan members will be in spec, or filling spots in the teams if needed. We will also be on vent switching between channels to listen to the communication and how everyone works together. We will be looking for leaders! but remember, sometimes the best leader is a great follower. Just because you're barking out orders doesn't mean they're good suggestions or that people listen. We expect everyone to communicate and work together, so we want everyone to lead. If you're the best player but you alienate your team then you're not worth it. This is first off a TEAM, which means we need to be able to work together and get along without arguments in the middle of a scrimmage. Tensions will be running high, but this pressure situation will be an excellent judge of character.

Once we have the team together after these tryouts we can invite any new applicants or people who didn't make it the first time back to our practices. This will get us a solid team and from there we can expand as much as we'd like. Another option is to have an "A" team and "B" team. The A team will be the one joining leagues and things of that nature, but the "B" team will be sort of like a scout team. They'll be able to have their own captain and they will go out and get random just for fun scrimmages against other teams and clans. If we deem a team to be a good fight for the "A" team, or if we know they'll destroy us then the A team will have another scrimmage against them. Even if we get annihilated we will record it and learn from our mistakes. Playing against people better than you is the best way to learn.

Any feedback on any of these ideas? The tryout one (as you can see) is something i feel really strongly that we should do. I don't think it's fair to have a scrimmage team where most of the players were found and watched on jaymod servers or something like that. This will also give a chance to any current clan members that want to make the jump over to the ST. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better or questions on something i've said POST PLEASE. This team is just starting and feedback is always helpful no matter the situation.

1. Scrim team roster. It just makes it much easier to stay in contact with each other.

I like it, in addition to the roster i would have their xfire contact.

2. Scrim team section of the forums (private). A private section of the forums where we can post strategies and where we can have discussions that we don't want people outside of the team to see. This just ensures we can talk about our scrims, and people who we might want to recruit, or anything of that nature which we don't want public yet. It's a way for us to all communicate more easily and it'll really help with recruitment and organization.

Also in this section member can say whether or not they are available for a scrimmage. If not, someone from "Team B" can offer their assistance.

3. ......You will be graded on the criteria of; Shot (from 1-10), Awareness/smart play (from 1-10), TEAMWORK (from 1-10), Communication (from 1-10), diversity (from 1-10) [this means you can play different classes or use different weapons or just act differently in a situation. It prevents our team from being predictable.] These 5 topics will be added together and everyone will receive a score out of 50. While the score is important, it is not the final say. The highest scores will usually make the team, but there may be circumstances where we need a really good sniper, and if there is one trying out, even if he has a lower score, he will be recruited to fill the team's needs."

Emphasize on TEAMWORK. Once you have that, everything else will fall into place.

Once we have the team together after these tryouts we can invite any new applicants or people who didn't make it the first time back to our practices. This will get us a solid team and from there we can expand as much as we'd like. Another option is to have an "A" team and "B" team. The A team will be the one joining leagues and things of that nature, but the "B" team will be sort of like a scout team. They'll be able to have their own captain and they will go out and get random just for fun scrimmages against other teams and clans. If we deem a team to be a good fight for the "A" team, or if we know they'll destroy us then the A team will have another scrimmage against them. Even if we get annihilated we will record it and learn from our mistakes. Playing against people better than you is the best way to learn.

Having reserves/backups is always a good idea. We all have personal lives and things just come up. The reserves players are just as important as the primary players. If one can't make it he/she will have to fill in the shoe of that player. Which means team B will have to be at the practices also.

~legion

for we are many...

I Like it.

I'm going to make the roster pretty soon.

Scrim team tryouts (invite only). Rather than have people post applications and wait for weeks to months with no word on their status we should have scrim team practices.

Agreed.

There will be couple of changes in forum soon regarding the scrim section. :D

Alright excellent, i mean these are just 3 easy things to do as a start up. And once we start going out and getting in little fun scrims we will spread out name out there and since we have such big servers i'm sure we'll draw more attention to our scrim team and we'll get more action.

• Administrators

We could make a roster on forums.. and on website.. atm i am trying to make roster based on forums grp which auto updates itself on website. But my knowledge on php is too limited and Dixus need to fix it or Epic or anyone who knows.

I could instantly provide forums roster like this:

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=8

2. Their is private section and you will have access to it.

The first thing i think u guys should be looking for is daily 6 etpro players. After that works u guys need to learn each map techniques and scrim guys must know how to TJ. No TJ - loosing time.

In the end it requires practice , practice and good understanding between team players.

Sweet thanks dare just the list on the forum will be great for now. Yeah we need to look for more players, but i think it'd be better if we took in a few of the ones that are already here first.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for the tryout or anything else?

• Administrators
u are so smart hell :P

hell follows the feedback. ;)

Edit: @ forum roster:

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=10

Xfire new team for scrim team:

http://www.xfire.com/clans/fascrimmers/

Join this and when you guys like to scrim or are looking for player just do a grp message and see if anyone shows up. You will be only allowed to join this if you are F|A scrim member , clan member or ringer.

if we are really wanting a successful scrim team we need to recruit differently. we need to get in with players who have been on previous comp. teams who have connections with other players. it's very difficult to gather good comp. players from jaymod or etpub.

first of all u guys need stable etpro private server, bcoz last time what i saw it was just usefull to work at it. If u want to get somewhere with this team make some private etpro server so noone else cant join in only the scrim members.

Yh man i will pick up soon ur team to train it, but atm i dont have much time for games, so it will need to wait for a while and then we can start playing :P