Starcraft vs Star Wars vs Star Trek - Which is more appealing?

Urine_Sample

18 members have voted

1. 1. Starcraft vs Starwars vs Startrek

• Starcraft
    • Star Wars
    • Star Trek
    • Starring Urine

Lets break it down. Starcraft = crap when it comes to plausible story. Its the same mishmash of 'earth is destroyed and the scum of humanity seeks new home'.

Star wars has a dynamic economy, a realistic government (before sith took over), but their space travel is crap. There is no way you can hyperdrive like that in real space. At those speeds, a dust particle would blow right through their reflectors and destroy the ship. Any ship. Every ship. Spielberg should of researched space travel better. The space battles are epic, especially since spielberg took footage of ww2 aerial dogfights, and put tie and xwing fighters in the planes place. This is why the last 3 movies aerial fights looked stupid, cgi can only do so much. Maybe he shoulda contacted weta workshop.

Star trek has a bullshit economy, an unrealistic government, funny space battles that only occur in 2d inside a 3d universe. You pretty much have every type of ideology from 20th century earth represented in startrek. The races were 'drag and drop' earth culture. Federation is marxist communism, romulans were russians (yes, the russians were so good at espionage that they get their own race) , ferengi were capitalists, borg were to represent what we could become if humanity meshed organic/inorganic and created an advanced version of ourselves. Therefore, there isn't really alot of 'depth' in races. They are candy cut, wet or dry. Now star treks space travel is a bit more realistic. You see, to 'warp' doesn't mean the ship is moving, but creates a bubble around the ship which pulls it out of our normal space/time. The ship isn't moving, the rest of the galaxy is. Weird huh. But theoretical. Which brings me back to star treks space battles. How the hell could they attack each other while doing warp, considering that ship 'was' there when you fired. Its similar to a person that is lagging in ET, you shoot at kronos, and keep missing because you are firing at his last known position on your computer.

Now mind you, I did enjoy watching every single frigging episode of star trek. All of them. The only one I truly liked was 'enterprise'. There was emo all over that ship. I also liked most of the older star trek movies, and the newest one...the grimy in your face 'star trek enterprise' that just released. I hope to see the star trek franchise go more into that direction that was in the latest movie. The first 3 star wars movies (from 79) are of course the best of the 6. And don't even get me started on starcraft lol

I read a space series novel called 'the naked god series'. The first book is slow, as it sets the stage for about a dozen plots within the series. It is set about 400 years in our future, and was written with 'plausible' science in mind. How would we expand, what could we do. The book is long, I didn't really like the ending, but very good book. I recommend anybody into spacescifi should check out or buy this series. The author is Peter F. Hamilton.

Star Wars comes first, I liked those movies since I was around 6 or 7. Can't explain, but there's just something to it ("I have a bad feeling about this...")

As for Star Trek, if it showed up on TV randomly I would watch it, but never bothered to go through all the series.

Starcraft is a nice game with an alright story. I don't think movie would get them far, adapting a RTS story for a movie doesn't seem right.

Offtopic: Star Wars subs gone wrong